The Appreciations (biography)

Windlesoul

28 minutes ago, Windlesoul said:

The Appreciations biography (Sport / Aware / Jubilee etc) here for interested parties, follow the link...

https://windlefreelance.com/blog-2/

The_Appreciations_photo_2_1024x1024.jpg

I can't hide it and its better to cry have always taken pride of place in my collection,it is a very interesting article.However it is definatley Mike Terry playing baritone sax on i can't hide it and not Willie Mitchell. Chris. 

Social source share

Hi Chris, never denied it could be; I only reported Charles Harris' recollection which could be faded or false memory (I did double check with him). And I know the Mike Terry issue comes up frequently. But other than Mike's familiar style and the recording circumstances of course, did Mike or anyone else who worked with him ever directly refer to the recordings?

Edited by Windlesoul
Social source share

1 hour ago, Windlesoul said:

Hi Chris, never denied it could be; I only reported Charles Harris' recollection which could be faded or false memory (I did double check with him). And I know the Mike Terry issue comes up frequently. But other than Mike's familiar style and the recording circumstances of course, did Mike or anyone else who worked with him ever directly refer to the recordings?

Hi mate,I can't hide it,is listed as one of Mike Terrys records that he played on. I will try and find the article and post it one here. Chris.

Social source share

5 hours ago, Wheelsville1 said:

Hi mate,I can't hide it,is listed as one of Mike Terrys records that he played on. I will try and find the article and post it one here. Chris.

When I spoke to MT about this he said ' That's definitely NOT me, Dave'.   I too had previously, (mistakenly), listed it as a Mike Terry piece. 

Regards,

Dave 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

8 hours ago, Windlesoul said:

My apologise for getting this wrong,i always thought this to be Mike Terry,especially as i had seen it listed as being a song he had played on. Chris.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

No worries Chris, as Dave says I think most of us thought that, and it was a reasonable assumption. Unfortunately, Willie is not around any more to confirm, though I wonder if his brother James (a saxophonist....) is, to throw some light on the yarn. Might pursue this one at some point, unless someone gets there first.

Social source share

7 hours ago, Windlesoul said:

No worries Chris, as Dave says I think most of us thought that, and it was a reasonable assumption. Unfortunately, Willie is not around any more to confirm, though I wonder if his brother James (a saxophonist....) is, to throw some light on the yarn. Might pursue this one at some point, unless someone gets there first.

That would be great. Chris. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!