JMAuction - 25/11/2020 - Results

Zanetti

16 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Kiki Dee - 814£

The auction write-up imply's that no one has heard the original version of "On A Magic Carpet Ride" by Little Anthony.

A friend of mine had it on a recording, as he was really into Teddy Randazzo productions.  

I have heard it a few times by Little Anthony and the Imperials.

If anyones interested I can tell you it is a good version, but not as atmospheric and dancable as the Kiki Dee production!

The Little Anthony is still good though, just a pity it never got released.

Edited by Halogen
Social source share

23 minutes ago, Halogen said:

The auction write-up imply's that no one has heard the original version of "On A Magic Carpet Ride" by Little Anthony.

A friend of mine had it on a recording, as he was really into Teddy Randazzo productions.  

I have heard it a few times by Little Anthony and the Imperials.

If anyones interested I can tell you it is a good version, but not as atmospheric and dancable as the Kiki Dee production.  The Little Anthony is still good though, just a pity it never got released.

I've heard it ... was very underwhelmed to be honest .. there was an acetate of it that surfaced from Mike Vickers collection circa 2010

I asked Teddy Randazzo about the song, in the Summer of 2001, and he told me he had cut it on Little Anthony and Imperials but he wasn’t happy about how it turned out .. Teddy said he would send it to me but was in the process of transferring his masters to digital format ... anyway I kept in touch every 6 months or so but one day I called his wife answered and told me that Teddy had died ... I kept in touch for a couple of years but nothing materialed

Andy

little-anthony-on-a-magic-carpet-ride-acetate.jpg.c20d23279cd75d9a244ab7480387e088.jpg

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Andy Rix said:

I've heard it ... was very underwhelmed to be honest .. there was an acetate of it that surfaced from Mike Vickers collection circa 2010

I asked Teddy Randazzo about the song, in the Summer of 2001, and he told me he had cut it on Little Anthony and Imperials but he wasn’t happy about how it turned out .. Teddy said he would send it to me but was in the process of transferring his masters to digital format ... anyway I kept in touch every 6 months or so but one day I called his wife answered and told me that Teddy had died ... I kept in touch for a couple of years but nothing materialed

Andy

little-anthony-on-a-magic-carpet-ride-acetate.jpg.c20d23279cd75d9a244ab7480387e088.jpg

It was sold on ebay in 2008 for £316.  You, Pete & myself had a complete sound file which i lost in a hard drive death, but have never been too bothered about it's loss. Kev Roberts interviewed LA in 2015 and played a snippet, the interview is still probably on-line somewhere.

Just now, Simon T said:

It was sold on ebay in 2008 for £316.  You, Pete & myself had a complete sound file which i lost in a hard drive death, but have never been too bothered about it's loss. Kev Roberts interviewed LA in 2015 and played a snippet, the interview is still probably on-line somewhere.

Social source share

24 minutes ago, Andy Rix said:

Andy

Teddy also cut it on Derek Martin, its on the CD Roulette years if memory serves

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!