Rob Klein - birthday boy

• Replies 15
  • Views 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

74 years, and 2 days.  But I have a young mind! (mainly because I've forgotten almost everything that's happened since I was 40!)  🤓

Thanks.  I only wish I had found this forum when it started up, I was on another NS forum from 2001-2007, and when they shut down, they told us all to come here.  I've been on Soulful Detroit Forum si

Belated birthday wishes , always a pleasure to read a post from you, long may they continue, hope you had a great day.

Posted Images

Posted
2 hours ago, Simon T said:

Slightly belated, but best birthday wishes RobbK. Many thanks for your contributions on here.

Thanks!  It's been just about 70 years since I've been called a "Birthday Boy"!

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

How many aeons are you now ?

74 years, and 2 days.  But I have a young mind! (mainly because I've forgotten almost everything that's happened since I was 40!)  🤓

Edited by Robbk
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Best wishes.

your contributions here are excellent you have probably forgotten more than I’ve ever known about this music.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Best wishes.

your contributions here are excellent you have probably forgotten more than I’ve ever known about this music.

Thanks.  I only wish I had found this forum when it started up, I was on another NS forum from 2001-2007, and when they shut down, they told us all to come here.  I've been on Soulful Detroit Forum since 2001, but they hardly have any deep discussions of obscure Detroit records with tonnes of scans, anymore.  And all the old '60s Motown and Detroit Soul people from the record business who used to post there are gone (except me, and Ralph Terrana, and once in a great while, Dennis Coffey.  And my DooWop/R&B forum is dying, too.  So, THIS is the only great forum left to discuss rare and obscure Soul and a little R&B.  So, let's hope it stays this good for a long while.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
8 hours ago, Tattoodave said:

Happy belated birthday to the best Red Green lookalike out there.

Dave

Just remember that I was a real Canadian living at the edge of the forest, wearing plaid shirts, using duct tape, and having his father tell him "keep  your stick on the ice" BEFORE that imposter from Suburban Toronto ever saw the light of day!

Separated at Birth.jpg

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
20 minutes ago, Robbk said:

Just remember that I was a real Canadian living at the edge of the forest, wearing plaid shirts, using duct tape, and having his father tell him "keep  your stick on the ice" BEFORE that imposter from Suburban Toronto ever saw the light of day!

Separated at Birth.jpg

There will always be impersonators of trend setters Robb, I hope your skills are better than his.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 27/11/2020 at 11:51, Tattoodave said:

There will always be impersonators of trend setters Robb, I hope your skills are better than his.

Well, he doesn't know much about Rare Soul!   But, he's probably got me beat when it comes to duct tape, and work avoidance!  🤓

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Happy birthday Robb,

Your extensive knowledge, from the coal face of soul music, is of such value to us, thank you.... and you can draw pretty good too!.. ha ha!

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Allen Klein Dead
    All About The Soul by macca on Sun 05 Jul 2009
    • 5 / 825