Look At Your Soul: Weekly Sets

Paul-s

A real treat this week from Greg Belson whose set is so deep I needed a shovel to dig myself out!

Beautiful rare gospel tunes that reach into the soul.

It’s truly fantastic and inspiring the way vinyl collectors are responding to the call out. So much 'Soul with a Message' that is new to my ears, and that’s what I love.

Please listen, share, and contact us if you want to contribute a set. Details are on the site.

www.lookatyoursoul.org

Edited by Paul-s
error
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, Paul-s said:

This week we have the incomparable Henning Borm with a set that speaks to many things soulful.

Listen and share if you can. 

We are grateful for the continued interest and support and if you want to contribute a set, please check out th guidelines on the site. www.lookatyoursoul.org

great taster,  looking forward to tomorrow and hearing more .... 

Social source share

On 18/12/2020 at 10:28, Paul-s said:

This week we have the incomparable Henning Borm with a set that speaks to many things soulful.

Listen and share if you can. 

We are grateful for the continued interest and support and if you want to contribute a set, please check out th guidelines on the site. www.lookatyoursoul.org

thoroughly enjoyed it 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Up now is a great set from Steve Johnson that moves across tempos whilst presenting Soul With a Message.

Keep supporting us if you can: Listen, share and, if you have the tunes contribute a set for the site.

Lets hope 2021 moves us on up in a positive way🙏

Paul & Kristen

https://www.lookatyoursoul.org/thelisteningbooth/steve-johnson

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Thanks Paul and Kristen for including my take on ‘Soul with a message’ this weekend.

The platform you’ve created is really interesting and some amazing selections from those who’ve contributed so far, lots more to come hopefully.

Listening to all the mixes so far and taking time going through my own small collection to find recordings I felt fitted the project has reminded me again how vast the number and range of records out there and an insight into how the artists and their families, communities may have felt about various struggles then, as now all these decades later.

I look forward to hearing more of the mixes this year and reading more too.

Thanks again, take care all. Steve

Link again here for anyone who’s interested to listen:

https://www.lookatyoursoul.org

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 14/01/2021 at 18:43, Cobbles said:

hi paul n kristen...thanks for the invite n hope folks like my mix (a bit of all genres ) ....i've really enjoyed listening to the sets on the website and even managed to buy a few...so big thanks for that ! .... I'd encourage all collectors/djs to revisit their records with this new perspective as it was interesting and surprising at times for me....with the events of the last year and more it's such a shame the lyrics still have such relevance in todays world..... I look forward to hearing many more contributions to the site !

cheers

franc

Cheers Franc!

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

This week (Up Now) we have Noble & Heath, a younger generation of rare soul collectors, contributing their take on Soul with a Message and thoroughly enjoyable it is! 

Massive thanks and respect to all who contribute sets to this project. We have some great stuff coming up from Europe, UK, USA and Australia  in the coming months.

We are moving to featuring 'new set' every two weeks for a while, so that people can catch up with their listening and us with the admin!

www.lookatyoursoul.org

Paul & Kristen

Edited by Paul-s
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

This week (we now post new sets fortnightly) we have Oscar Romp, who some of you might know from the days when he used to constantly have a lamp on his head at nighters (80's/90's) as he drew the dance floor scenes.

Some more great sets coming up and thanks again to all who contribute. We are also launching a resources section on the site very soon.

www.lookatyoursoul.org

Thanks🙏

Kristen & Paul

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This week we are excited to  have a set form Ms Phyllis, a founder and member of the DJ - Collective 45° - a group of four female DJs from Hamburg.

Massive thanks as usual to all collectors and listeners who continue to support the project.

www.lookatyoursoul.org

We have many great sets coming up in the coming months including: Baz Atkinson (UK), Callum Flack (Australia), Aaron Bushman (USA), Mal C (UK), Cher (UK)......

Best

Paul & Kristen

• Up vote 3
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

A prick up your ears 'Look at Your Your Soul' set this week from Malcolm Collins. A superb and insightful mixture of soul with a message. 

https://www.lookatyoursoul.org/thelisteningbooth/malc-c

Massive thanks to all the listeners and contributors to this evolving listening project. 🙏

www.lookatyoursoul.org

Keep listening and please share if you can 🙏

Best

Paul & Kristen

Edited by Paul-s
  • Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

You’re in for a treat this week as we go off in yet another direction! 

This Saturday we have a set from collector and DJ Taizo (Japan). He has curated a superb set of songs with a message that highlight Black Americans’ social, political and cultural struggle during the 60’s and 70s. 

All our contributors have taken the time out to engage with the soul of the project, revisit their vinyl collections, and carefully consider song choice with the project’s purpose in mind! We are truly grateful for all of those contributions.

It’s a project that we hope will bring rare soul music fans together, to listen and reflect. 

To listen to Taizo’s set and catch up on the latest sets - go to our website www.lookatyoursoul.org

Best

Kristen & Paul

• Up vote 3
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Paul-s said:

This week we have a collector who needs no introduction I think - Baz Atkinson: contributing a fantastic, soulful, set for the project!

All our contributors have taken the time out to engage with the soul of the project, revisit their vinyl collections, and carefully consider song choice with the project’s purpose in mind! We are truly grateful for all of those contributions.

It’s a project that we hope will bring rare soul music fans together, to listen, do some vinyl diggin' and to reflect. 

www.lookatyoursoul.org

Respect and thanks for the support.

Kristen & Paul

Thanks Paul a more than worthy project loved pulling stuff out , look forward to listening . 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

The next collector to deliver a superb set to us for the Look at Your Soul project is Callum Flack (Australia).

Unfortunately, we were tied up, me travelling and Kristen working, last week, so a little late advertising this one. But the set is up and you can listen to it here. It's a really fantastic, soulful and thoughtful contribution to the project.

https://www.lookatyoursoul.org/thelisteningbooth/callum-flack

Massive thanks to all who have supported so far and please keep the sets coming.

Best

Paul and Kristen

Edited by Paul-s
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

• 2 months later...

It's been a while! 

Here we are with a great set for Rob Ryan. It's always fantastic to hear how different collectors respond to the call out, and this is no exception.

https://www.lookatyoursoul.org/thelisteningbooth/rob-ryan

Massive thanks to all for contributing these great and thoughtful sets to the site.

Please keep them coming and sharing you're incredible knowledge, passion and music.

Best

Paul & Kristen

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

After a massive break, we are back with a new set from DJ Honey (Singapore) this Saturday!
It's a cracker :) 

If you don't know about the Look At Your Soul project - you can read all about it and listen to all of the 23+ sets (60mins each) for free on our website here : https://www.lookatyoursoul.org/

Go have a listen and if you fancy creating a set for us give us a shout  via the webform or email . 

Let's Listen. 

Paul and Kristen 
LAYS_Honey_InstaPost.gif.d0f040efea13437d6141a5faa50babd7.gif

Edited by TheSundanceKid
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!