Bobby Wilburn I'm a dreamer

Mrmick

Agree you’d get one for half that or less with a little patience.  But saying that it is brilliant and compared to other 45s possibly not that crazy a price ?

or buy Sean’s reissue if it’s still available ?

as a casual observer these are strange times Price wise.  Will it last ?

Edited by Dylan
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Greedy Mick said:

Always loved this record. But I  can't believe that I have seen it for sale for £2000 on Rarenorthernsoul. I know it's rare but i was surprised to see the price.  But everything seems to be fetching very high prices at the moment 

Vastly overpriced so it won’t sell for that figure. May be rare, but not a glaringly obvious top-drawer sound. Perhaps the price can be negotiated down 50% to more realistic level?

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Martin Phillips said:

That seems to be pushing it to the limit.That said the Chuck Proffitt,Love,love love.......two good sides on this........has fetched nearly 1700 dollars on Carolina Soul auction.Last one I spotted was around the 600 pounds mark a couple of years ago.

Chain of fools going over 1000gbp today on Carolina soul.

I had a vg- copy that played well enough after year 2000 for 50 dollars and possibly could have had a couple more.

Anybody whose searched hard for records has these stories to tell but these current prices have left me uninterested in trying to find 45s now.  It must be almost impossible to find good obscure records cheap now.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Harrogatesoul said:

I had three copies. Two sold for roughly 800 each this year. Which was the agreed going rate. Incidentally, Tim Brown had one on a list this year for I think 2 or 300. Guessing it went pretty quickly. Rarenorthernsoul prices are a joke as has often been flagged up many times but good luck if there are collectors out there willing to pay over the odds. 

This thread and a google search took me to your sale on here only last year.

you did very well getting 3 copies.

I’ve had a few bargains from tim over the years best one was probably the rare Betty wright “mr lucky” it was always worth a careful look when the lists landed.

Social source share

6 hours ago, Greedy Mick said:

Always loved this record. But I  can't believe that I have seen it for sale for £2000 on Rarenorthernsoul. I know it's rare but i was surprised to see the price.  But everything seems to be fetching very high prices at the moment 

If this was on chant,then that is nearer the price.Gamble however,not a chance. Chris. 

Social source share

21 hours ago, Harrogatesoul said:

I had three copies. Two sold for roughly 800 each this year. Which was the agreed going rate. Incidentally, Tim Brown had one on a list this year for I think 2 or 300. Guessing it went pretty quickly. Rarenorthernsoul prices are a joke as has often been flagged up many times but good luck if there are collectors out there willing to pay over the odds. 

I only subscribe to his list for a daily laugh at the prices! Just divide by two!

M

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!