2nd Issue or bootleg

2 hours ago, Chalky said:

Bootleg IMO. Probably a carver being one sided.  If you are going to do a legit reissue you’d do both sides surely?

That's why I asked Karl and it goes back to seller being "clever" with wording or misleading if it is a boot, as he is describing it as a 2nd issue and any unsuspecting seller would never know until it was too late.

We had that case a few years back and I thought counterfeiters and those selling their goods would run and hide but perhaps I was being naive, It's never going to go away is it.

Good news as well I see Discogs are now listing the most expensive 50 soul records they have sold to help the counterfeiters know exactly which records to market in the future (you may sense a little sarcasm in my comments)

Social source share

28 minutes ago, Mick Reed said:

To be honest ive seen many a record described as reissue or second instead of bootleg on all sites, including on here.

Exactly and Karl is spot on too

A counterfeit or bootleg will never be removed from sale if it is called a re-issue, 2nd issue, carver  etc. (Just plain lies in some cases) and yet some sites ban fakes (clothes, pictures, handbags etc) which to me is the same attempt at deception.

If Lisa Stansfield is being booted then we are all doomed !!!

This site will only allow historic boots I believe (Mike will correct me if I am wrong)

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!