Ambers- "I Love You Baby" issue

The Yank

5 minutes ago, The Yank said:

I recently got the 45 in what looks like mint - condition. But... when I played it , it was on the noisy side. Are they all like this or did I get a defective copy ?

I have an issue which someone gave me years ago it looks like it has been dragged along a road for miles by tanks and Jcb's but it plays with only a couple of crackles on the intro.  So it might be your copy. Would be interesting what others say

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Have my demo and have had stockers in various conditions all playing without major issues from memory. A bit of a Lo-Fi mastering job demanding to 'push-up' the volume to squeeze out some juice from it. Bringing the orchestral mayhem to saturation some. Especially during the horns and strings 'charge'. Bizarre delight 🙉

Unless your copy is one of those that 'looks supreficially' clean but has suffered one of those dreaded groove 'polish' to eliminate surface damage visualy as sonically. That will eliminate most surface 'snap, crackle & pop'. But also make the playback sound thiner with a constant hissing background 'floor noise'. Could it be that ?

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, The Yank said:

I don't know what's going on with the 45- it's a cut out- there is no snap, crackle or pop but it does have some a little more hiss than there should be. 

Here's a mp3 I did earlier this year of a spare stocker I had in VG condition (with crackles more audible on the 'now I'm in trouble' side. How does this compare to yours ?

ambers verve.mp3

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 03/12/2020 at 23:26, Tlscapital said:

Here's a mp3 I did earlier this year of a spare stocker I had in VG condition (with crackles more audible on the 'now I'm in trouble' side. How does this compare to yours ?

ambers verve.mp3 5.45 MB · 16 downloads

This sounds great for VG, my copy (bought as EX) is closer to your demo sound file,

My 'Now I'm in trouble' side. plays clearer

20201204_211520.jpg

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!