Any experts on european Bobby Bland 45s out there?

Benji

Was wondering if somebody can help me?

Bobby Bland - Ain't doing too bad - Vogue (France) v 45-1245

According to Discogs and 45cat this 45 (not the EP!) came out on Vogue only in France. However I have the french 45 with a definitely german picture sleeve. So I was wondering if this came out in Germany using the french press and adding a german sleeve to it. Or is there a german pressed 45 as well?

Googled for it but only found either pictures of the french 45 or the german sleeve. But neither pictures of french 45 and german sleeve. Or pictures of a german 45.

I know dutch releases were sometimes sold in Germany too, with a corresponding sticker, e.g. Tempests Well-Tempered Soul LP. But I'm not aware of any french 45s released in Germany.

Any help much appreciated!

Social source share

OK, strange thing is that German 45 Vogue pressings exists. In Belgium and Holland it was a practice to give a "local" picture sleeve but then for some reasons mostly within either each other country pressings or with UK import 45's.

Vogue is a French label that got releases in many 'European' countries through the sixties. If ever there was an issue with the German pressing plant they could easily have imported batches of the French 45 to forward the national release.

Now what is puzzling some if that was the case is that the German catalog number appears on the sleeve but the French 45 stands uncorrected. Even in our Kingdoms (BE & NL) a sticker was then applied on the label most of the time... 

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

I've never seen it before that a non-german 45 was released with a german sleeve. So I was (and am) a bit suspicious that sleeve and record would actually "belong to each other".

If you look closely at the sleeve you can see that the french 45 cat no is printed in brackets next to the allocated german cat no. So the more I think about it the more I'm convinced they really issued the french 45 with a german sleeve.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!