Roy Roberts on Ninandy - matrix details required

Sebastian

I'm in the process of updating the Discogs entry for Roy Roberts "Got To Have Your Love" promo 45 on Ninandy so that people can differentiate between the original release and the bootleg made for the Dutch/Surinamese soul scene in the 1970's.

The original has got crisp print on the label, the bootleg has got washed out, poor print. 

If anyone on here has got an original, could you please let me know the full matrix details for each side, or even better, pictures of it. 

Big thanks in advance!

I was recently sold a bootleg as an original for a fair chunk of money on Discogs and I don't want other people to fall into the same trap.

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Legend of Otis Redding: W4KM - 0276 - - 1

Got to have your love: W4KM - 0277 - - 1

A further difference between originals and boots of the white-label demos is that original copies have a bevelled outer edge on the label whereas the boots do not.

Also got caught out myself some years back with a Dutch/Belgian boot, but happily the seller was more than accommodating regarding a refund. A quick check on Popsike shows that loads of the boot demos have been sold as originals across the years!

Edited by Amsterdam Russ
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Machine stamped.

On closer inspection I see what looks to be 'A 1' about 1.5cm after the matrix stamp. That's also machine stamped. Additionally, there's a feint and rather small hand-etched 'R' at 6 o'clock (if you have the matrix stamp at 12 o'clock).

The 'A 1' and 'R' appear on both sides.

Big thanks!

The details on the bootleg are similar but everything is hand etched on the bootleg, and the "A1" is missing on the "Legend Of Otis Redding" side.

The BOOTLEG has got the following in the dead wax, everything is hand etched:

"Legend Of Otis Redding" side
W4KM-0276--1          R

"Got To Have Your Love" side:
W4KM-0277--1   A1-    R

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 11/12/2020 at 08:25, Sebastian said:

I'm in the process of updating the Discogs entry for Roy Roberts "Got To Have Your Love" promo 45 on Ninandy so that people can differentiate between the original release and the bootleg made for the Dutch/Surinamese soul scene in the 1970's.

The original has got crisp print on the label, the bootleg has got washed out, poor print. 

If anyone on here has got an original, could you please let me know the full matrix details for each side, or even better, pictures of it. 

Big thanks in advance!

I was recently sold a bootleg as an original for a fair chunk of money on Discogs and I don't want other people to fall into the same trap.

Hi Seb

Discogs

NOTE! A lookalike bootleg of this release made in the 1970's for the Dutch/Surinamese soul scene has often wrongly been sold as an original in the past.

The ORIGINAL (which this entry is for) has got crisp, well defined print on the labels and MACHINE STAMPED "W4KM" and "A1" info in the deadwax. The "A1" is placed about 1,5 cm after the "W4KM" matrix stamp. The "R" is placed 180 degrees directly opposite the "W4KM" stamp (if you hold the "W4KM" stamp at 6 o'clock, the "R" should be placed at 12 o'clock).

The BOOTLEG (see separate entry) has got poorly defined, washed out print that bleeds together on the labels and all matrix info is HAND ETCHED.

Make sure that you use the correct Discogs entry when listing this item for sale in the marketplace.

Barcode and Other Identifiers

Matrix / Runout: W4KM-0276--1 A1 R

Matrix / Runout: W4KM-0277--1 A1 R

Bootleg

This Discogs entry is for the LOOKALIKE BOOTLEG of this release made in the 1970's for the Dutch/Surinamese soul scene that has often wrongly been sold as an original in the past.

The BOOTLEG (which this entry is for) has got poorly defined, washed out print that bleeds together on the labels and all matrix info is HAND ETCHED (see images).

The ORIGINAL (see separate entry) has got crisp, well defined print on the labels and MACHINE STAMPED "W4KM" and "A1" info in the deadwax.

Make sure that you use the correct Discogs entry when listing this item for sale in the marketplace.

Barcode and Other Identifiers

Matrix / Runout: W4KM-0276--1 R

Matrix / Runout: W4KM-0277--1 A1- R

Atb Kev 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!