Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 14
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Tit for tat,if it’s dark blue on the IN label, it’s as original as your gonna get,if your gonna  get to picky on absolute original,then I wouldn’t bother buying Uk presses of USA records! Eg...Barbara

thats not true.. there is a bootleg on the dark blue with silver text also..  label has like a mottled effect tho like you can see bits of silver thru the blue but the vinyl looks different to the 2 o

it has the title in the deadwax john so safe to say its an original and may even be the first press of it  




Posted
On 11/12/2020 at 10:48, John Moffatt said:

In John Manship’s guide is says

Original first press: there is no Deadwax matrix only the title “I never knew” and “I will wait” in the respective run out of each side.(this is my copy!! )

The original 2nd press There is a very lightly scratched small matrix “IN – 6311”. Beware of the added matrix numbers to the counterfeits

 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
On 15/12/2020 at 07:06, Paul Capon said:

In John Manship’s guide is says

Original first press: there is no Deadwax matrix only the title “I never knew” and “I will wait” in the respective run out of each side.(this is my copy!! )

The original 2nd press There is a very lightly scratched small matrix “IN – 6311”. Beware of the added matrix numbers to the counterfeits

 

Nobody can know which of the two variations of the original of Eddie Foster was the first off the pressing machine!

The press with the IN 6311 scratched in the run out could of been on first set of stampers!  Then when the second pressing plate stamper was used, they didn't bother scratching the number in!

Nobody can know what order the stampers were used on the run, unless they were in the pressing plant at the time!

As long as the label is a nice dark blue and not speckled.  It is nice quality vinyl and has the titles neatly etched into the runout groove, it's right.  If it's got the IN 6311 etched in or not does not make any difference. Both variations are part of the original release.

Edited by Halogen
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Tit for tat,if it’s dark blue on the IN label, it’s as original as your gonna get,if your gonna  get to picky on absolute original,then I wouldn’t bother buying Uk presses of USA records! Eg...Barbara McNair love my baby 100 quid on absolute original Motown,uk tamla,500 quid,for one could argue second press?

there will hundreds of examples of similar tit for tat detail!

  • Up vote 5
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Dobber said:

Tit for tat,if it’s dark blue on the IN label, it’s as original as your gonna get,if your gonna  get to picky on absolute original,then I wouldn’t bother buying Uk presses of USA records! Eg...Barbara McNair love my baby 100 quid on absolute original Motown,uk tamla,500 quid,for one could argue second press?

there will hundreds of examples of similar tit for tat detail!

This is so right. 

For example, there are several different original White Demo designs for "Dance, Dance, Dance" by the Casualeers on Roulette. They are all originals and all relatively rare. Which one was first?

James Bounty - "Prove yourself A Lady" - Compass.   3 different originals.  One with R stamped in the runout groove, another with I stamp, then another with H stamp.  All originals!

  Nobody can say which one was first off the manufacturing lines, and it's the same with the Eddie Foster 45!

 

Edited by Halogen
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 11/12/2020 at 10:48, John Moffatt said:

Yes, saw this was clearly marked as a second issue. But think it was from the In label and close to the first issue, but who knows. Surprised by the price as well.

SHEEP

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
On 15/12/2020 at 10:37, Dobber said:

Tit for tat,if it’s dark blue on the IN label, it’s as original as your gonna get,if your gonna  get to picky on absolute original,then I wouldn’t bother buying Uk presses of USA records! Eg...Barbara McNair love my baby 100 quid on absolute original Motown,uk tamla,500 quid,for one could argue second press?

there will hundreds of examples of similar tit for tat detail!

thats not true.. there is a bootleg on the dark blue with silver text also..  label has like a mottled effect tho like you can see bits of silver thru the blue but the vinyl looks different to the 2 originals ..has smaller deadwax and the vinyl is thinner with a rounded edge

Edited by Dave Pinch
  • Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 15/12/2020 at 10:28, Halogen said:

Nobody can know which of the two variations of the original of Eddie Foster was the first off the pressing machine!

The press with the IN 6311 scratched in the run out could of been on first set of stampers!  Then when the second pressing plate stamper was used, they didn't bother scratching the number in!

Nobody can know what order the stampers were used on the run, unless they were in the pressing plant at the time!

As long as the label is a nice dark blue and not speckled.  It is nice quality vinyl and has the titles neatly etched into the runout groove, it's right.  If it's got the IN 6311 etched in or not does not make any difference. Both variations are part of the original release.

i agree with that .. but the release after which is calvin grayson just has the matrix in the deadwax just like the 2nd  original eddie foster which probably adds fuel to the fire that the one with the title scratched in came first in the eyes of some

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
On 15/12/2020 at 10:51, Halogen said:

This is so right. 

For example, there are several different original White Demo designs for "Dance, Dance, Dance" by the Casualeers on Roulette. They are all originals and all relatively rare. Which one was first?

James Bounty - "Prove yourself A Lady" - Compass.   3 different originals.  One with R stamped in the runout groove, another with I stamp, then another with H stamp.  All originals!

  Nobody can say which one was first off the manufacturing lines, and it's the same with the Eddie Foster 45!

 

they are much wider distributed labels tho with several original variations all over the usa.. dont think the IN releases got distributed outside california

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

The seller’s comment about it being a secind pressing appears to be based on Manship’s description in Priceguide #5. Popsike reveals plenty of sales, mostly without the title in the run-out suggesting this version could actually be a subsequent pressing. The labels of both so-called first and second pressings are identical so I would suggest they were pressed roundabout the same time. Not being an expert on the pressing of LA vinyl, I think the question we should be posing is, did all the copies of this record come of a single pressing machine but with different stampers, or were copies being churned out on two presses simultaneously in the same plant?

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

The seller’s comment about it being a secind pressing appears to be based on Manship’s description in Priceguide #5. Popsike reveals plenty of sales, mostly without the title in the run-out suggesting this version could actually be a subsequent pressing. The labels of both so-called first and second pressings are identical so I would suggest they were pressed roundabout the same time. Not being an expert on the pressing of LA vinyl, I think the question we should be posing is, did all the copies of this record come of a single pressing machine but with different stampers, or were copies being churned out on two presses simultaneously in the same plant?

the follow up release calvin grayson has a machine stamp also so different pressing plants may have been used on the west coast altogether

 

  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Pinch said:

the follow up release calvin grayson has a machine stamp also so different pressing plants may have been used on the west coast altogether

 

I lust over the sound of Calvin. If I were to ever hold a copy, my hands would tremble too much to read the matrix...

  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Log in to Soul Source

Jump right back in!

Log in now!
  1. Ebay Sale - Roddie Joy Mellow Fellows Eddie Foster Major Lance
    Sale Websites by raresoulnet on Sun 11 Oct 2009
    • 2 / 481
    • raresoulnet on 17 Oct 2009
  2. Eddie Foster, Bobby Hutton, Bill Brandon Etc
    Record Sales by kjw on Sun 15 Feb 2009
    • 1 / 642
    • kjw on 15 Feb 2009
  3. Eddie Foster
    Look At Your Box by CliftonHall1 on Sat 19 Apr 2008
    • 11 / 1100
    • de-to on 21 Apr 2008
  4. Joyce Harris, Eddie Foster, Age Of Bronze, Billy Storm
    Sale Websites by Tommy on Tue 12 Jun 2007
    • 4 / 790
    • Tommy on 18 Jun 2007
  5. Eddie Foster, Hesitations, The Isley Brothers, Anita Humes Etc
    Sale Websites by southern_soul1 on Mon 26 Nov 2018
    • 2 / 782
    • southern_soul1 on 05 Dec 2018
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.