New release dj copies

Tomangoes

34 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

Is it just me...or does it sound crazy to others that new releases come to market with dj copy not for sale special editions for sale at an enhanced price?

Do the buyers actually think they are getting something special when its never been a dj copy in its truest sense?

Pure commercisation in my opinion.

Ed

It's not just you, I totally agree..

Social source share

What ? Is someone implying that these are not send to radios, music critics and dj's as promoting freebees before we get to buy them from the record stores shelves ? That they are sold first hand at a higher price !? What idiot would fall for that ? 🤖 

Remember early 1990's using to laugh at major ""artists"" fans rushing into the shops to pay stupid money for pre-paid 'numbered' limited new releases... The world is a small place, time is a loop and glory fades quickly. I much prefer the scene back then. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Selling 30 or 40 copies of a WLD at a higher price can keep labels from folding when they are doing small runs of obscure music.

Some are also sent to the label as a test press to establish if the mastering has been performed correctly. As a small label why would you chuck them or give them away. 

Many people buy them simply  to support the label. I do if it is someone who’s releasing music I like. 

Dont like them? Don’t buy them. 

Pretty simple equation really. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!