The thread of joy

Posted (edited)

Amongst all the doom and gloom, how about a thread of stuff that makes you smile. 

Funny......positive.....awe inspiring......... whatever.......just as long as it brings a little joy!

Big pair required for this!

Edited by Fish Fingers
  • Up vote 4
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 14
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amongst all the doom and gloom, how about a thread of stuff that makes you smile.  Funny......positive.....awe inspiring......... whatever.......just as long as it brings a little joy! Big p

Mate sent me a link to this today, I'm guessing it will be ok to post, if no mods please remove, description of record by seller Davemotown on ebay, cheered me up anyway. The Seven Souls  I Still

Trash bandits on the rampage

Posted
1 hour ago, Tattoodave said:

Trash bandits on the rampage

We saw this, and have watched it loads of times! :D

I nipped to Boots this morning, and the lady I kinda know through going to her counter on a regular basis seemed pretty down, I asked if she was ok, and she told me that some customers have been so rude to her.  I know everyone is fed up with the situation we find ourselves in, but we can't take it out on each other - Especially on those who are serving us!

Yes keep those things that make us smile coming! 

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Len said:

I nipped to Boots this morning, and the lady I kinda know through going to her counter on a regular basis seemed pretty down, I asked if she was ok, and she told me that some customers have been so rude to her.  I know everyone is fed up with the situation we find ourselves in, but we can't take it out on each other - Especially on those who are serving us!

All the best,

Len. Stories like that really fcuk me off big time. 99 .9 % Its not the poor store assistant who,s at fault, its the the meme who thinks the world owes them a favour for actually been here. I can only ever remember one shop worker who had a bad attitude and they got told so. 😇

Ste 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Len said:

All the best,

To be honest Len, James Blackwood has been a daily watch for months, I feel I know the raccoons as well as he does, and they never fail to cheer, considering I've had them in the roof space of two properties in my life and they are usually vicious little buggers.  

I try and go out of my way to put a smile on peoples faces, usually in bewilderment, but it works, friendliness is contagious.  

Here's one that tickles me, but most people will just say "Why?"

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

That's brilliant, we have had a good laugh at that, though my wife said "that guy has too much time on his hands"  Lol

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
  • 2 months later...
Posted

Just found Just James on YouTube, I think you need a slightly warped mind to laugh as much as I do to it, but check some of it out if you have time before lockdown ends and we have much better things to do.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

this got posted on here else where  but it was made for this thread 🙂

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Mate sent me a link to this today, I'm guessing it will be ok to post, if no mods please remove, description of record by seller Davemotown on ebay, cheered me up anyway.

The Seven Souls  I Still Love You  b/w  Billy Butler  Right Track

Pressing ,carver,reissue,bootleg,lookalike,repro call it what you want but it ain't a original,it was possibly made in someones garden shed/garage/spare room but I can't verify this as I wasn't present when the record was made.

The record is a round flat piece of plastic,this one is black but I believe other colours have been used to make records,it is approximatley seven inches across with a fine spiral groove cut into each side,When used with a suitable and compatable piece of equipment,known as a record player it will reproduce the music that is in the above mentioned groove,how it does this I do not know,it may possibly be magic!

Please note the auction is for the record only,you will need to provide your own device to play it on.

This record should be played at 45rpm and is not suitable for playing on a wind up gramaphone that only plays at 78rpm.

Please read the manual or instructions for your record player on how to play a record,if no instructions are available then ask a responsible adult that remembers how to use such devices and let them teach you.

This record has been examined in a darkened room from a distance of eight feet,I think this may be how some sellers grade there records so i have done the same.I would grade this record as a easy VG+

The record is nice and clean,over time it may become dirty if not handle correctly and may need cleaning,I do not recommend that it is cleaned in a dishwasher or washing machine,nor do i recommend that the playing surfaces are scrubbed with a brillo pad or similar,or that the vinyl is polished with furniture wax or even shoe polish,please do your own research as to the best method of cleaning a record,there are plenty of instructional videos on you tube,

Some old records have extra grooves, these are known as scratches and can cause the needle on a record player to jump or stick and part of the song may be missed or constantly repeated,this may cause irritation for the listener and possibly lead to extreme mood swings and bouts of depression,this record as no extra grooves so it gives a nice happy listening experience.

A record that has been exposed to heat or incorrectly stored may develop what is known as a warp,this condition can be quite serious as it can cause the arm of the record player to bounce or even appear to be doing its own dance  across the disc,thankfully the record i have for sale is nice and flat .

I often see records described as Mint,I have not licked this disc to see what flavour it is.

I have tried this disc on a record player,also known as a deck or phonograph, and it plays through well on both sides,there are no skips jumps etc and I could not hear any of the band members frying bacon too close to the studio microphone,

This record is not suitable for use in a CD player as it's too big,

The Labels are white with black lettering (please see pictures) , there is no evidence of this record being used for target practice as there are no BB holes,There is no extra writing on either side,although the winning bidder may want to write there name on it or possibly decorate it to there own unique design,As the label is white it is also suitable for colouring in (felt tips, crayons or lipstick are not supplied to do this)

The label states that it's a radio station copy,it's not as i currently own it and i don't have my own radio station or play my records out to the public via facebook or any other social media

I've noted that some buyers like to ask about matrix details so I have done a bit of research and found out that it's a series of science fiction films starring Keano Reeves!!!!

The songs on this record are nice tunes to dance too and are both known as Northern Soul,As everybody knows that people who dance to this genre of music like to do acrobatics whilst dancing then the following disclaimer applies,

"I cannot be held responsible for any injuries that may be incurred or damage to property if a listener wishes to dance whilst playing this disc."

Please note that listening to a record at high volume may cause damage to the ear drum,it is recommended that the volume is set at a comfy level unless you want to annoy the neighbours, in which case play it at full volume at three in the morning,

This is a genuine auction with a 99p start,I often find it amusing when i see a auction start price that is higher than the records value,why some sellers do this i do not know,maybe there just greedy or do this to discourage certain dealers from bidding,

I have blocked a few "dealers" who have aggresive bidding tactics (you know who you are),Some record dealers like to run the price up on auctions to make there own overpriced records seem like good value,this practice distorts the true value of a disc and often results in genuine collectors overpaying,

I have no friends to put bids on to run the price up (this practice is known as shilling and i've see it happen on a lot of auctions of soul records,I strongly disapprove of this type of activity) so theres every chance that the auction may only attract one bidder so someone may get a bargain as theres no reserve price.

Please no bidders with a feedback score less than 20,and no bidders that have more than two legs

In the event of this record selling for £1000 or more (I wish) I will have to send it by registered post which is more expensive,

The item pictured is what you will receive,i do not use stock photos or digitally enhance the appearance of the photo to make the record look prettier,included with this record as a nice plain white paper sleeve (worth at least 5p) and a plastic clear outer cover (worth at least 8p),I may even put a couple of free stickers in the package which can be used for different decorating purposes,

Record will be well packed using recycled packaging (yes I do want to save the planet) and sent by recorded delivery,  it's quite strange how many items go missing in the post when standard delivery is used,where these missing items end up is always a mystery!!!

I do combine postage and it costs the same to post three records as it does to post one. I charge (£2.95) the cost is actually susidised by the seller :( as ebay and paypal take a percentage of the postal costs.

The current Covid regulations prevent this record from being collected in person

Please have a look at my other items for more Motown,Northern Soul and Rare Soul.if your looking at records by Abba,Shakin Stevens or the Wombles your looking at the wrong listings!

Keep enjoying the music at home until we can start going out again, Then we can show off our new dance moves that we've been practicing during the lockdowns,

Any questions then please ask (about the record that is,I can't answer questions on home schooling,politics,location of best hairdressers etc and no i'm not on any medication)

thank you for looking,keep smiling and happy bidding :)

Post is to UK only

• Up vote 4
soul source url
Social source share
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Im not sure if this is what you are looking for but this track has gone a long way to lift my spirits , from Samni Akinlabi . UK Soul and  Gospel artist who released a quality double CD  album of the same name Dance Again a few months ago via Redband Music. Id also plug 'Love Will" as a potential Crossover Soul track. KTF. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted

Another dose of ridiculousness, if you are of the generation that watched TOTP, this might raise a smile

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

During a trial over Zoom, an attorney has a filter on and can't figure out how to turn it off.

Edited by The Yank
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
7 minutes ago, The Yank said:

During a trial over Zoom, an attorney has a filter on and can't figure out how to turn it off.

How many 'O's does a man need in his name?

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Wheres The Gospel Thread
    All About The Soul by baz atkinson on Thu 17 Dec 2009
    • 3 / 367