Articles: Sandy Hollis : The Lost Detroit Soulstress Found

Chalky

TaStiK tale. Thanks a bunch. Beginning with a Doctor's orders to unveil that very angel's voice face and slice of life into music... A long-long time personal favorite record 'I'm tempted' that I can now "visualize" otherwise. Especially love that early black and white picture of a young 'witty' Barbara AKA Sandy.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Andy Rix said:

What a brilliant story ... I love this stuff

Well done Dave 😀

Regards

Andy

Any help to find September Jones and Nancy Wilcox would be appreciated .... 20+ years looking has got me nowhere ! .... and I thought Sharon Scott would be the hardest one to find ... those girls need to feel how Sandy must feel . it must be an amazing thing to experience

Andy 

Edited by Andy Rix
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

9 hours ago, Andy Rix said:

Any help to find September Jones and Nancy Wilcox would be appreciated .... 20+ years looking has got me nowhere ! .... and I thought Sharon Scott would be the hardest one to find ... those girls need to feel how Sandy must feel . it must be an amazing thing to experience

Andy 

Asked the question with regard to September Jones many times too Andy, always drawn a blank. 

Sadly we might never know as each year that goes by we lose more and more of our musical hero's either too illness or that living death dementia.

But in this case Sandy a.k.a Barbara Weems is over the moon with the response to her life story on this and other social media sites half a century after she cut her solitary 45.

Many thanks for all your replies

Dave.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

9 hours ago, Andy Rix said:

Andy 

Hi Andy, my 2 cents; have you try to see with Gilles Petard from Paris who released the fantastic double 45 of September Jones in 2006 ? 

Social source share

55 minutes ago, Louise said:

Asked the question with regard to September Jones many times too Andy, always drawn a blank. 

Sadly we might never know as each year that goes by we lose more and more of our musical hero's either too illness or that living death dementia.

But in this case Sandy a.k.a Barbara Weems is over the moon with the response to her life story on this and other social media sites half a century after she cut her solitary 45.

Many thanks for all your replies

Dave.

This is his site

https://www.franceinter.fr/personne-gilles-petard

• Up vote 1
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Andy Rix said:

Thanks ... I can't find any contact details

Andy

That's a Radio link...  I'll dig on my side what Paris connections I can come up with and pass it on to you . 

2 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Oui !

Edited by Tlscapital
Social source share

Interesting article. In reading this thread, I can't seem to locate the question that you want to ask Giles Petard.

If you post the exact question, I will get it to him.

BTW, has anyone ever tracked down who has the Big Wheel masters?

KK

Social source share

20 minutes ago, imnokid said:

Interesting article. In reading this thread, I can't seem to locate the question that you want to ask Giles Petard.

If you post the exact question, I will get it to him.

BTW, has anyone ever tracked down who has the Big Wheel masters?

KK

To get in touch with September Jones...

Social source share

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!