Jerry Williams

21 hours ago, Mick Reed said:

If you look at john manship site he does say there is 2 label types both saying 1973.

The plot thickens here saying 1966 for 116 and 1973 for C-116 unless I have had too many sherries

https://www.45cat.com/record/nc300707us

https://www.45cat.com/record/nc135439us

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

I think you've misinterpreted my previous comments.

I am right behind you in your collecting endeavours where you seem to have managed to accrue the right artists on the wrong formats or the wrong artists on the right formats.

And I couldn't agree with you more that the only way to own this particular 45 is a 1966 demo copy but unfortunately for you that is of course on Ric-Tic 113.

Edited by Modernsoulsucks
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

John Manship has a recent youtube video entitled " Selectadisc 1970s Northern Soul Time Capsule PT- 2 " In which he goes through a box of 45s he has  bought . At 22.10  on the clip , he pulls out a 1973 Jerry Williams and says that this was a re recording .  i know the out of the past release is slightly shorter , the first part of the instrumental break having been cut out of this copy , but i am still not sure that the   1973 calla re issue is a re recording . Sure I also had a Blue and White one sided Calla Demo  at one point .

• Thanks 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

I think you've misinterpreted my previous comments.

I am right behind you in your collecting endeavours where you seem to have managed to accrue the right artists on the wrong formats or the wrong artists on the right formats.

And I couldn't agree with you more that the only way to own this particular 45 is a 1966 demo copy but unfortunately for you that is of course on Ric-Tic 113.

Hi Rod, just having a bit of banter. Hope you and Clare are both well. Cheers Julian

Social source share

I did a compare & contrast between the original 66 vs 73 releases many years ago and my memory is they are the same studio session but 73 is 'remixed' ... I sort of asked Jerry about it and he just said "they messed about with it a bit to make it sound more fresh"

I might need to listen again just to be sure my memory isn't playing tricks on me

Andy

Edited by Andy Rix
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, Andy Rix said:

I did a compare & contrast between the original 66 vs 73 releases many years ago and my memory is they are the same studio session but 73 is 'remixed' ... I sort of asked Jerry about it and he just said "they messed about with it a bit to make it sound more fresh"

I might need to listen again just to be sure my memory isn't playing tricks on me

Andy

might have tried to stereo enhance it a bit andy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!