EU / Uk Customs 2021

Mike

4 hours ago, Sutty said:

AFAIK for a private seller, from today (yup 29th not 31st) you have to fill out and apply a CN22 sticker to all gifts and goods leaving the UK irrespective of their destination. Much more of a headache for business though I think?

https://www.postoffice.co.uk/mail/customs-forms

cheers Sutty

thanks 👍

Paragraph says

'For items worth over £270, complete and sign a CN23 form. You can download one, here. You can ask staff for help with this in-branch.'

So £270 could end up being an important figure in the future, is that the level when custom duty/tax kicks in?

Plus how's it working the other way, is there a similar level EU to UK £270 as well 

all imo and google sourced info,

anyone expand further than my google sourced info, with better maybe professional expertise?

Social source share

Bit messy this to understand but if I get it right?? the value put on the CN22 or Cn23 form sent from UK will affect the EU importer of the record depending of the local rules of that country. Had a quick look at the Swedish custom one (not updated for UK yet)  but believe VAT will/might apply from next year if sent from UK. Guardian article above seems to sum up import to UK from EU.  

Social source share

No doubt many records will be more expensive not least because in some countries postage rates for non-EU countries are higher and there will be up to 20% VAT on some goods.

I suspect that I will now buy less vinyl which will help the finances. I don't use UK dealers much as they are too expensive. 

The EU deal is seriously flawed if you look at it dispassionately.

Social source share

3 hours ago, Kevin Jones said:

Just noticed that 20% VAT being automatically added to certain overseas Ebay purchases.

Just another obstacle in the world of record buying.

Just another unnecessary obstacle in the supply chains of large manufacturing companies that employ hundreds of thousands of people.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!