Dena Barnes

Dave West

3 hours ago, Dave West said:

Sure it’s been asked before but can’t find it,anyway, can anyone tell me the difference between Dena Barnes “walk” original and boot. I have an original copy and my mate wants to compare but due to covid we can’t, so any help would be appreciated. Cheers D

£2000 v £20

Sorry....but you did ask:)

Ed

Social source share

The original has ZTSC 125853 and 125854 stamped in the runout plus a small bit of writing  master's logo? or name? (can't read it- only tops showing).

The boot with 99528 delta number was made by Monarch in L.A.  in 1976.  Several people at the time said it was Soussan, but there were also others getting boots made there back then.

Social source share

18 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

A copy might just have sold in Pennsylvania for £800+. The Count has been putting it on eBay for months, discounting a little every now and then. I suspect he’s had an offer he could not refuse so its been removed from his sales list. Someone might have got a bargain as the record was in decent condition.

Default a tough one especially if in decent enough condition, never been  that many come up for sale over the years. I've Certainly never owned it.  Think the 3 to 5 year's post Wigan  was the time to get your hands on a lot of the bigger tunes as people sold up to get married,   buy houses etc

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!