JMAuction - 30/12/2020 - Results - GoodBye 2020

Zanetti
Go to solution Solved by Richard,

Doni Burdick and Soul Communicators achieved four-figure status having crept up and up, year after year. Not seen the Patti Austin release on a black issue very often. These are all top-drawer sounds and essential records for serious collectors.

David Gage went for a much lower price than Manship’s Priceguide figure. Virtually unknown records like this suffer from lack of exposure and therefore limited demand. I suspect this was the copy offered on Soul Source but nobody took the plunge. Had I been the owner of this rarity, I would have kept hold of it. I was surprised it was not withdrawn from the auction given the minimal interest shown.

Social source share

Also.. don’t think everybody is there watching the auction to the death week in week out! A good example is...last year I won a mint issue of the tempos I’ll never forget you for £460,I couldn’t believe it! I put £500 on at the start and actually forgot! Then early this year he auctioned another copy and got 2k for it! So proof being you can get a bargain even off Jim’s!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 minutes ago, Dobber said:

Also.. don’t think everybody is there watching the auction to the death week in week out! A good example is...last year I won a mint issue of the tempos I’ll never forget you for £460,I couldn’t believe it! I put £500 on at the start and actually forgot! Then early this year he auctioned another copy and got 2k for it! So proof being you can get a bargain even off Jim’s!

I am having a little ironic chuckle to myself thinking if I’d originally put up a swap for 3 or 4 tunes like Salvation I’d have been quids in 🤣

Social source share

3 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

i agree.. i have the black issue and even an 800+ sale wouldnt  sway me to sell.. 

59 minutes ago, Wiganer1 said:

Me too cost me no where near 800 sad state of today scene... prices like this

I’ve only got the yellow demo...has anyone got a black felt pen I can borrow to colour it in?

A mate of mine had the orange release of the Detroit Executives on Pameline so he coloured it with a green felt pen for a joke...well he’s not laughing now as it’s selling for £100

• Up vote 2
Social source share

13 hours ago, Richard said:The David Gage was mine and yes went for less than expected but some you win and some you lose 🤷🏼‍♂️

Btw I didn’t pull it as thought would be unfair to do so.

Very noble of you. You would have been justified had you paid a large sum for it in the first place. A commission sale should ideally return the original outlay but the risk at auction is you can actually lose out.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

31 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Very noble of you. You would have been justified had you paid a large sum for it in the first place. A commission sale should ideally return the original outlay but the risk at auction is you can actually lose out.

Or could have set a reserve but hey it is what it is, took a chance with auction without one and someone got a bargain.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!