Show us your great photos 2021

Amsterdam Russ

14 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Andy. I think they actually started out in Runcorn  not far from where I used to work if I remember correctly mate

There used to be a small craft brewery at Blakemere that made "Northern" beers . I think it's changed hands now but I had a bottle of two off them years ago. I think they sold a few to a couple of venue s. https://untappd.com/beer-monster13/photos

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

There used to be a small craft brewery at Blakemere that made "Northern" beers . I think it's changed hands now but I had a bottle of two off them years ago. I think they sold a few to a couple of venue s. https://untappd.com/beer-monster13/photos

That looks more like the beers I remember mate, was made on a little industrial estate near Runcorn train station , must be the same company.  One was called northern dancer or something like that.  

• Up vote 1
Social source share

20 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

That looks more like the beers I remember mate, was made on a little industrial estate near Runcorn train station , must be the same company.  One was called northern dancer or something like that.  

Yes they did, quite nice from what I remember 🍻

• Up vote 1
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

Hope you live close by:)

Some crazy fines going on these days...

Ed

Closeish - I'm on the edge of Copeland DC/west Cumbria - I normally stick to the north Lakes within 20 miles of home (as the crow flies).

Dx

Edited by Davenpete
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Tattoodave said:

No, I'm hibernating, maybe once it gets more spring-like.  I don't like winter.

Understand  mate especially at the moment with the weather. Warton crag is home to nesting Ravens  , Peregrine and occasional little Owls , plenty of Orchids  and rare butterflies.  At  Leighton Moss  there's  Marsh Harrier, Otters  plus there is the possibility of anything turning up.  

Social source share

10 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Understand  mate especially at the moment with the weather. Warton crag is home to nesting Ravens  , Peregrine and occasional little Owls , plenty of Orchids  and rare butterflies.  At  Leighton Moss  there's  Marsh Harrier, Otters  plus there is the possibility of anything turning up.  

It's definitely on the list of to do things Steve, I've missed British wildlife so much I get excited watching the geese fly over.  Saw a melanistic pheasant a couple of weeks ago, sadly no camera, but will be walking the dog that way again to see if he's been lucky to avoid the guns. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Ice staking - it's what the Dutch live for in winter. In this instance though, it's what they might die for as the ice has been deemed by the local authorities to not be thick enough (every local authority has "ijsmeesters" - ice masters - who determine such things). That's not stopping people and I hear there are hundreds out staking on our local lake. You wouldn't catch me out there!

_DSC8058-crop.jpg.d76fba75fc07f35e63201fa99cbb2b66.jpg

Russell, on the ITV lunch time news here in the UK  it has just showed Dutch firemen in Amsterdam  rescuing people from a canal that where  trapped on ice that had started to crack

Social source share

7 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Russell, on the ITV lunch time news here in the UK  it has just showed Dutch firemen in Amsterdam  rescuing people from a canal that where  trapped on ice that had started to crack

Idiots! I've read there have been a number of instances where people have had to be rescued after falling through the ice.

In Amsterdam last week, the city council banned all boats from sailing on the canals specifically so the ice could form and skating could begin. Thing is though, the weather changes tomorrow and the ice will quickly thaw, which means today is really the only chance people have for skating - even if it isn't thick enough to do so safely.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

13 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

I'd be more concerned if the technology behind the eye-tracking started showing adverts in the viewfinder while you were readying your shot! :ohmy:

• Up vote 1
Social source share