Show us your great photos 2021

Amsterdam Russ

3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Managed a couple of pictures this morning of a male Northern Wheater . The harsh light does not do the colours justice and they will have to be classed as record shots for now. While i was attempting to take the pictures a Brown Hare run across the field ,which i just managed to see and grab a picture . Again sorry about the quality.

When i was walking back round Elton returning to the car i noticed this female Pike weighing about 18LB basking in the sunshine. I had no filters or polariser with me to cut out the glare for the picture ,then further along the bank there where two more . Unbelievable 

IB2A8555 (2).JPG

IB2A8549 (2).JPG

IB2A8563 (2).JPG

IB2A8428 (2).JPG

Steve , northern wheater , never seen one , great to see something new

thanks  

• Thanks 1
Social source share

17 minutes ago, Neil Austin said:

Steve , northern wheater , never seen one , great to see something new

thanks  

Thanks Neil.  They are a summer visitor to the UK and like Swallows spend the winter in Africa.  They are stunning birds and the colours are amazing,  just wish I could have done them justice.  They spend the summer predominantly in the West of the UK and breed on coasts as well as upland moors. 

Edited by Winsford Soul
Social source share

Looks Stuning Andy. Not sure i could manage those  ascents these days with my asthma.

Peak District. Crowden up to Laddow rocks last year for the Bearded Vulture was a tough one and thats nothing like where you was mate. I did have big camera gear , food , drinks , clothes so without camera gear may be ok taking it real easy. Lol

• Thanks 1
Social source share

10 minutes ago, Winsford Soul said:

Looks Stuning Andy. Not sure i could manage those  ascents these days with my asthma.

Peak District. Crowden up to Laddow rocks last year for the Bearded Vulture was a tough one and thats nothing like where you was mate. I did have big camera gear , food , drinks , clothes so without camera gear may be ok taking it real easy. Lol

It was just over 10 miles in 10 hours as i kept stopping for a rest 😁 10 miles around flat cheshire/trafford is a breeze in a few hours. Glad to be out again.  The photos are off my phone which is good for landscapes. Scotland in 3 weeks 🌞👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

11 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

It was just over 10 miles in 10 hours as i kept stopping for a rest 😁 10 miles around flat cheshire/trafford is a breeze in a few hours. Glad to be out again.  The photos are off my phone which is good for landscapes. Scotland in 3 weeks 🌞👍

Scotland mate. Where you heading  ? Only six weeks to Pembrokeshire.  You still going Narberth mate  ? 

Social source share

9 hours ago, Soulandy said:

Plockton in a lodge

Lovely area Andy, I stayed in Plockton about 15 yrs ago, my former neighbours were Scottish and her parents had a holiday home just above the Loch. We had a memorable night in the Plockton Inn with local musicians playing being joined by young people from if memory serves me right a nearby music school. Cheated just looked it up and for once my memory did serve,   Sgoil Chiùil na Gàidhealtachd (National Centre of Excellence in Traditional Music) at Plockton High School Highland.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

50 minutes ago, Twoshoes said:

Lovely area Andy, I stayed in Plockton about 15 yrs ago, my former neighbours were Scottish and her parents had a holiday home just above the Loch. We had a memorable night in the Plockton Inn with local musicians playing being joined by young people from if memory serves me right a nearby music school. Cheated just looked it up and for once my memory did serve,   Sgoil Chiùil na Gàidhealtachd (National Centre of Excellence in Traditional Music) at Plockton High School Highland.

Yes it's a great area. We stayed there in  May 2013 in glorious weather and visited the Inn a couple of times and were treated to random music. Looking forward to it despite any restrictions 👍

• Up vote 1
Social source share

First trip out somewhere for absolutely ages. Went to the Dutch seaside town of Scheveningen on what was a lovely afternoon. Had fish and chips and a stroll along the beach.

Not too many people there, which was great. Just tonight the Dutch government announced the end of curfew and the opening up of Café/bar terraces - that’s after close to seven months.

It’s a start, and hopefully means we can get out and about a bit more. A few pics from our afternoon out...

98E99D5D-8CCB-41BB-A324-1957F9D5204C.thumb.jpeg.683ea208e229bd457444704fa7ca4e66.jpeg

87913FB7-7A90-47BB-AF6B-1BC13BBBDFA7.thumb.jpeg.8fdeaf34c149f4eae4fe5959cd99d439.jpeg

C893177D-B04E-4596-BA80-9D4B53BB867F.thumb.jpeg.91628b1a3867f05b48b0369192d3203b.jpeg

48E6BFC2-6AE2-4BCC-8882-8C3B770D768A.thumb.jpeg.a27abfe1acfd1bbd500c386953d4491a.jpeg

• Up vote 3
Social source share

21 minutes ago, Mal C said:

Like the blue and red one on the barbed wire, he's a handsome devil! Steve I think your like Dr Doolittle, creatures seem to follow you! lol

Thanks mate 👍. I love Swallows the epitome of the English summer  .Two hours walking around with the camera and lens.  I wish they would come to see me instead of the other way around.  

Social source share

On 21/04/2021 at 13:10, Winsford Soul said:

Had quite a morning with a variety of birds. Residents, Summer visitors and Winter visitors, Aerial battles.

Song Thrush and a female Blackbird that thinks its a Ring Ouzel

Sand Martin , Swallow

Fieldfare with a Wheatear 

Lapwing with a Raven

Willow Warbler 

IB2A8625 (2).JPG

IB2A8638 (2).JPG

IB2A8618 (3).JPG

IB2A8663 (2).JPG

IB2A8652 (2).JPG

IB2A8650 (2).JPG

IB2A8623 (2).JPG

IB2A8671 (2).JPG

Steve lovely set of pictures, always 

good to see sand martins

thank you 

2 hours ago, Chalky said:

Only had a landscape lens on the camera today so had to take this with the phone, my first Dipper sighting this year.

178446375_10158454993859541_6900624620586131544_n.thumb.jpg.01b2e7db0ecef3ea8fd314442e33dcf3.jpg

Dipper is great, thanks for sharing 👍 

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

6 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Bit of a mixed bag this morning at Elton

No Lesser Whitethroat ,

Heard two Grasshopper Warbler reeling but no sightings

Female Wheatear

Lapwing chick

Roe Deer 

Common Whitethroat

And about 50 Swift passed over screaming and managed a quick picture of one before they carried on there journey.

Greenshank. this is the most heavily cropped of the pictures as the bird was actually on the far bank of the reservoir from where i was maybe 400 metres away  

All the pictures are heavily cropped as they where quite distant apart from the  Common Whitethroat

IB2A8684 (2).JPG

IB2A8699 (2).JPG

IB2A8722 (2).JPG

IB2A8728 (2).JPG

IB2A8731 (2).JPG

IB2A8691 (2).JPG

Steve white throat is a beauty, you

had a good day with the sunshine 🌞

thank you  

• Thanks 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Just this minute spotted the first swallows of the year from our balcony - a most welcome sight. Didn’t look as though they were stopping, but hopefully more on the way - and summer with it! 

That's brilliant news mate. They have been local to  me for about two weeks now, 1000,s of Sand Martin but I've only seen two House Martin,  plenty of Swifts today so don't know what has happened to the House Martin,  they normally here before the Swift 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 26/04/2021 at 20:10, Winsford Soul said:

Second guessing the next couple of nights cloudy skies so i took a few pictures of the Super pink moon last night

All three where taken on a tripod / Gimbal head and shutter release cable set up to minimise shake to get a clearer picture and i used different shutter speeds of 1/1250. 1/ 1600 and 1/2000 sec because of the speed of the Moon travelling across the view finder on the camera

IB2A8745 (2).JPG

IB2A8756 (2).JPG

IB2A8751 (2).JPG

Screenshot_20210427-133822_Photo Editor.jpg

Incredible, love the black and white snap as well 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Wally Francis said:

So, something different these pictures were taken from a height of 80ft above see level from Rig Deck area.

Sharks and large Rays.

452BE7CD-A233-42AE-BE79-5AE8CA0C1BE0.jpeg

6ECDECB3-472A-49C0-BEE8-D00EC8E629B3.jpeg

Thanks Wally for sharing them. I bet its fantastic to see stuff like this whilst you're at work.  Bit better than UK water's 😁 even from that height 

Social source share

9 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Well. This morning was the day i finally caught up with the Yellow Wagtails . One of the UK,s most colourful Summer visitors and as a bonus a Pied Wagtail that is almost black.

Might as well add the Grey Wagtail and White Wagtail for the set

IB2A8770 (2).JPG

IB2A8772 (2).JPG

IB2A8762 (2).JPG

Grey Wagtail-Waterfall (3).JPG

Screenshot_20210428-114638_WhatsApp.jpg

Steve 

without doubt , got to be the snap of

the year, what a joy 😊 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Neil Austin said:

Steve 

without doubt , got to be the snap of

the year, what a joy 😊 

Thanks Neil. ☺ I'm lucky enough to be semi - retired  and I can get out and about taking a few pictures  ( if I'm not fishing ) and share them on here The comments are really appreciated

Social source share

10 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Well. This morning was the day i finally caught up with the Yellow Wagtails . One of the UK,s most colourful Summer visitors and as a bonus a Pied Wagtail that is almost black.

Might as well add the Grey Wagtail and White Wagtail for the set

IB2A8770 (2).JPG

IB2A8772 (2).JPG

IB2A8762 (2).JPG

Grey Wagtail-Waterfall (3).JPG

Screenshot_20210428-114638_WhatsApp.jpg

Fantastic hat trick of Wagtails 👍🌞

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

28 minutes ago, Lozzer66 said:

I can't say that I'm a photographer either,  but keeping the blossom thread going, here is my regular visitor singing for his supper 😁

20210428_194850.jpg

Lorraine.  That's a lovely picture and a blackbird singing in the blossom 🌸is to me the epitome of a English spring 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Julianb said:

I'm not a photographer  as you will see from the attached, but I thought nice blossom with grey skies in the background made a nice composition 

20210429_175123.jpg

20210429_175412.jpg

Julian.  I'm not a photographer either. I just enjoy walking with the bonus of carrying a camera just in case I see anything interesting.  

Your garden looks lovely and the pictures are very good 👍

Social source share