John Mercer. R. I . P

Awful hearing this, only a matter of weeks ago Johnny's Dad also called John and a man i knew arguably better than Johnny and for whom i had great affection sadly passed away, that was a shock in itself and now this terrible news. Hope they are together right now. How his Mother Audrey is coping i don't know, god bless her.

RIP 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

7 minutes ago, JOEfromupnorth said:

Awful hearing this, only a matter of weeks ago Johnny's Dad also called John and a man i knew arguably better than Johnny and for whom i had great affection sadly passed away, that was a shock in itself and now this terrible news. Hope they are together right now. How his Mother Audrey is coping i don't know, god bless her.

RIP 

Hi Joe,do we know the cause of death.

Such horrible sad news,to hear this morning.

Neil.

Social source share

So true Joe,life is fragile.

I have many memories of Johnny,travelling the country going to all nighters/soul nights.

Great knowledge,that he loved to share.

My/our nickname for him was Johnny 2 combs,after he pulled out 2 combs,to sort out his hair.At the Burnley all nighter.It cracked all of us up.

Fantastic human being,and many people will miss him.

Neil.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 04/01/2021 at 16:44, Aragorn said:

Absolutely one of the kindest people we ever had the good fortune to meet on the northern scene.He just had this calming effect on you when he spoke to you,and so genuine.How very  sad to hear of his passing.

Sue and Chris Holmes

Hi Sue

That is a perfect description and how I found John too.  A calm and cool bloke who was ever the gentleman.

My heart goes out to his daughter, Rachel, his family and close friends at this painful time.

Rest In Peace dear Johnny Mercer

You will be missed by so many 

Ali xxx

• Up vote 3
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
8 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Sorry about the image quality but I had to share this . What a way to remember John by. Its absolutely fantastic 🙏 Next time I'm up in  the North East I will pause awhile and have a chat with you mate. Sleep well now 

IMG-20210611-WA0003.jpg

Thats a great way to remember Johnny.   It looks really special.

It's a shame about John.  I travelled many miles to and from allnighters with him.  We had some good talks on records and collecting.  He did like his UK things but also had some nice USA 45's.

The last time I was in his company was at Newton Aycliffes RAFA rare soul night in 2017.

These where some of the records played that night.

Scan  RAFE club play list.jpg

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

On 11/06/2021 at 11:47, Winsford Soul said:

Sorry about the image quality but I had to share this . What a way to remember John by. Its absolutely fantastic 🙏 Next time I'm up in  the North East I will pause awhile and have a chat with you mate. Sleep well now 

IMG-20210611-WA0003.jpg

Exactly where is the bench situated ? 

Social source share

1 minute ago, El TAD said:

Only just found out about John,so sad to hear of his passing.First time I met him was at Bretby when Brenda Holloway and Kim Weston were on live,not long after I got back on the scene .

R I P John 

Martin Alsop

Good night that was 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 11/06/2021 at 11:47, Winsford Soul said:

IMG-20210611-WA0003.jpg

That's wonderful

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!