• Replies 7
  • Views 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55551720 I despise the thing that football has become these days but as a kid in the seventies Colin Bell ruled the roost in what was a proper sport.  

Great player from a different era when the players were like normal people.  Rip

He was a model professional , and you couldn’t miss him on the pitch with that distinctive hair.  Another sad loss - RIP Mr Bell 

Posted

Couldn't agree more, not my team, but I wish we could have watched him as much as we do the dodgy divers now.  As good as if not better than De Bruyne.   Rip

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

He was a model professional , and you couldn’t miss him on the pitch with that distinctive hair. 

Another sad loss - RIP Mr Bell 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I used to deliver his morning papers when he lived in my home village at the time he was at city. He and Denise Tueart, they lived opposite each over, used to stand with the rest of us waiting for the "Pink" to come in. He and George Best opened  a shop in the village that caused a friendly stir between us reds and the blues. A lot of footballers lived and still live in my old village but the difference between now and then is vast. Colin's  house was knocked down a few years ago and rebuilt by a famous pop/indie musician. 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

R.I.P. Colin and I echo the sentiments of the above, the game has changed and not for the better.

I remember when the players got off the team bus and mingled with the spectators outside signing autographs and even fetching complimentary tickets out to the lucky few , nowadays they are ushered in to ground like royalty and live in a world different to the spectators. 

And as for the game itself the only thing that has improved is the fitness the rest is just a sham of the game I played and watched.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
  • New Members
Posted

SO SO SAD NEWS REGARDING COLIN BELL , SO NICE TO SEE PLENTY OF CONDOLENCES ON THIS SITE AND OTHERS . HE WILL BE SADLY MISSED , KIND REGARDS TO EVERYONE .

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Madeline Bell -bell's A Poppin' - Uk Mono Lp
    Record Sales by the fifer on Mon 10 Aug 2015
    • 3 / 695