Does AE71138 Exist?

John Hart

P.I.R AE71138; "Lets Clean Up The Ghetto " Detroit ,City Edit .   Anyone please verify this illusive number of the 17 white demo City variations does exist?  After an eternity of looking ; Discogs does not list detroit, none on e bay or popsike recently, and the wonderful Bsnb,record lable listing site ,no luck. This is the last in the series I need to finish my Quest !  Stay Safe ,John.

Social source share

On 06/01/2021 at 15:09, Dave Pinch said:

the listing is there on the detroit copy... but no picture and no evidence of one being sold

ive asked a couple of guys in the know ..see what they come back with

https://www.discogs.com/Philadelphia-International-All-Stars-Lets-Clean-Up-The-Ghetto/release/16106262

Steve Plumb listed it on Discogs so he will know Dave

Social source share

4 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Steve Plumb listed it on Discogs so he will know Dave

I have never had or seen one but I did list it on Discogs after seeing a couple of people confirming they had copies, one being Dave Thorley (from an old thread on here from memory?), so it must exist?

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Steve

• Thanks 1
Social source share

• 6 months later...

Excellent - So that's the 15 x AE7 edits plus the ZS8 New York release.

So that leaves AE7 1131 to fill in. As said before, absolutely NO evidence this even exists, just makes sense to start a sequence as 1 rather than 2.  It could be that 1131 was scheduled for NY and as that became the release, thae number was never used.

Glad a pic of 1138 is sorted.

Cheers Tsu

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Steve Plumb said:

Had to post this on here. I was on FB talking about these Philly Edits recently and I was just double-checking which copy of these edits I kept, thinking it was just NYC and couldn't quite believe what I found? After saying above in the thread that I'd never had or seen one, I was astonished to find the Detroit Mix on my own shelves? God knows how that got there as I certainly don't remember getting it??????

20211012_162834.jpg

Nice one mate.  That's a turn up after all this time. 😁👍

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!