Covid-19 - Personal Topic : 2021

Posted (edited)

Covid-19 - Personal Topic - 2021

A new topic set up to offer all members a place for personal discussion on covid-19 matters

This is meant to be a place where members can ask/talk/share etc matters all about their personal Covid related experiences.

There is another topic that is set up for Covid-19 General discussion - please use that topic for non-personal covid-19 matters (tap here for link)

Covid-19 - Personal  Topic Guidelines 

• No third party links, meme type or off topic images or videos please, this is a topic for personal discussion
  • Keep things worthwhile, no mean spirited posts, no abuse, no rants
  • Please use the Covid-19 General discussion topic if more suited (tap here for link)

Thinking is these two topics could be a useful worthwhile feature for all members, ask all to try and help to keep things that way when posting

Edited by Mike
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 5
  • Views 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

In the end, we decided to collect my 80 year old Dad in law from Tier 4 Bracknell to bring him in to our Tier 2 Wellingborough for a few days over Christmas.  We did agonise over this, but came to the

Still waiting for my parents who are both in their 80s to be vaccinated, will be a great relief when they are. Also waiting for the mrs to be done can't understand why the nhs staff weren't done first

Posted

In the end, we decided to collect my 80 year old Dad in law from Tier 4 Bracknell to bring him in to our Tier 2 Wellingborough for a few days over Christmas.  We did agonise over this, but came to the conclusion that he was vunerable as he was clearly stressed.  Turns out that his heating had broken down as well, so that was the final thing that made us think we were doing the right thing.

I opened a letter from the police this morning.  A speeding fine for doing 35 miles an hour in a 30 mile an hour limit on the way to collecting him :facepalm:

Looks like our two kids are gonna be home a while longer than expected.  I'm all for the Schools being closed as long as they need to be for the safety of all - The on-line Schooling seems to be working fine. Not ideal of course, but 'it is what it is' as they say.

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 7
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Still waiting for my parents who are both in their 80s to be vaccinated, will be a great relief when they are. Also waiting for the mrs to be done can't understand why the nhs staff weren't done first, staff in her department are going off with covid its madness not to vaccinate these people. 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

As we're all suffering from the effects of the pandemic. I thought I'd aptly re-title "Landslide" to "Lockdown" with the below lyrics. Hope you light-heartedly approve.

Misery is surrounding me

Because of Lockdown

Refraining from everything  I like to do

Because of Lockdown

I’ll get smothered in sadness if these measures fail

Baby, please save me from these restrictions again

In this Lockdown ( No, no)

Happiness quit me and hurt has hit me

Because of Lockdown

Got no shelter and no place to hide

From this Lockdown

I’ll get smothered in sadness if these measures fail

Baby, please, please save me from these restrictions again

In this Lockdown (Oh, no, no, no, no)

Misery is surrounding me

Because of Lockdown

Refraining from ………

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Posted December 8, 2020 · IP 

Been 33 years since i emigrated to the ''lucky country'' Australia . We were fortunate with Covid so far ! Due to the go hard & go fast ,  locking down are  Airports combined with the strict contract tracing & following the science. The measures were very Dracionian & are International airports not expected to open till July 2021 at the earliest . We have 37000 plus Ex-pats stuck in many counties ( no country is perfect) & Scott Morrison should hold is head in shame over this anomaly  ! We had a soul night in Brisbane with a maximum of 100 people on dance floors busy all night! 

We all waiting with baited breath that the  vaccine ends the UK   ''nightmare year'' on a high ! The Australian government do not expect to approve a Vaccine till March 2021 at the earliest and because we have no community transmission there is no need !

Good luck to you all

best John

In Brisbane Qld we just had are first case of Covid ( UK strain ) so we have gone in to a 3 day lock down . So for all  off you '' you not on your own '' in dealing with this fker .  Stay safe best  John Warren 

soul source url
Social source share
  • Mike pinned this topic
Posted
1 hour ago, Dylan said:

What is the point of a 3 day lockdown ?

not trying to be rude in insensitive I just can’t see how it would work.

above post removed as per below

Covid-19 - Personal Topic - 2021

A new topic set up to offer all members a place for personal discussion on covid-19 matters

This is meant to be a place where members can ask/talk/share etc matters all about their personal Covid related experiences.

There is another topic that is set up for Covid-19 General discussion - please use that topic for non-personal covid-19 matters (tap here for link)

Covid-19 - Personal  Topic Guidelines 

No third party links, meme type or off topic images or videos please, this is a topic for personal discussion

Keep things worthwhile, no mean spirited posts, no abuse, no rants

Please use the Covid-19 General discussion topic if more suited (tap here for link)

Thinking is these two topics could be a useful worthwhile feature for all members, ask all to try and help to keep things that way when posting

this is the covid-19 2021 personal topic

as said above and elsewhere use the topic linked below for all general covid-19 discussion

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/415679-covid-19-general-topic-2021/

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Covid-19 Forum Policy 2021
    Support by Mike on Fri 01 Jan 2021
    • 1 / 241
    • Mike on 01 Jan 2021
  2. Fightin The Covid-19 With Music: New Mix
    Soul Media by Enricoacm1899 on Mon 13 Apr 2020
    • 4 / 567
    • BunderThollox on 15 Apr 2020
  3. Will Covid Spell The End Of The Nostalgia Scene?
    All About The Soul by Geeselad on Mon 19 Oct 2020
    • 10 / 931
    • Gaz T on 21 Oct 2020
  4. Us Postal Service Covid-19 Restrictions
    Look At Your Box by Johnny Northern on Thu 26 Mar 2020
    • 144 / 10102
    • Midnight Drifter on 25 Oct 2020
  5. Royal Mail Covid Blackspots
    Freebasing by Mike on Tue 12 Jan 2021
    • 6 / 371
    • Winsford Soul on 17 Jan 2021

Related Soul Music Links