What is your first record purchase of 2021?

Millo

• Replies 41
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Clifford Binns - You've Got To Help Me (Carrie 014) The slower green Re-issue version, Just up +2 and it's almost like the 6501 version that sells completely out my price range. Beggars can't be choosers. Forgot to say waiting for it to arrive £19.49 with P&P pushed the boat out with my Christmas Money... Will have to "rein it in" to Only spending £15 max for the rest of the year (Promise)🙂

Kirsty

• Up vote 3
Social source share

The first purchase this year is the new North Street single, but not sure that counts as its on pre-release and I'm not likely to be able to spin it for a couple of weeks yet. Also ordered the new Jesse James release on Soul Junction... but that is also a pre-release. Really looking forward to receiving the Jean Wells LP I purchased from Dave Pinches on here yesterday. A long time want.

Social source share

"What Does it take [ To win Your Love From Me ]" B.J. Thomas ,Mexican  Scepter 45 P,S ,Only .  Love this tune have many of the 15 plus versions ! Paid 30 Dollars from Guadalajara,Got over Donald ,s Wall ?

Then spotted a second one on discogs from germany at 2.69 Euros ,so bought that last week , cornered the market ?? LOL Stay Safe ,John, Malaga,Spain.

Social source share

My 1st 45 this year

Closely followed by Michael J Kirklands 2 new(ish) 45s "Closer" & "Stay Don;t Go"

Literally all 3 fell on the doormat today but I ordered Mike & Censations a few days earlier so theres the winner !

Also recieved a couple of LPs last Thursday but they were sent on 24th November 2020 so don;t count for this thread.

A Michael J Kirkland hat-trick, not a bad way to start 2021 !!!

Social source share

"Suddenly"  By Unknown Artist (The Preservation Project) 7" PP009A * B Side not Bad either, another Unknown Artist  "Just Another"

I know the sound quality on this single Is not the greatest but the more i play "suddenly" Ralph "Soul" Jackson  Of "set Me Free" fame comes to mind Vocally and production wise 

Edited by Rick Scott
more info
Social source share

The Invincible, Together, We Can Make Something Happen, Album, 

Heard the title track on one of Boba,s shows while having my monthly bath. Fantastic Group Soul from Englewood, Southside Chicago, 1975, 5 really strong tracks, but, Together, is an absolute killer 

Kev 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

11 minutes ago, Kev Cane said:

The Invincible, Together, We Can Make Something Happen, Album, 

Heard the title track on one of Boba,s shows while having my monthly bath. Fantastic Group Soul from Englewood, Southside Chicago, 1975, 5 really strong tracks, but, Together, is an absolute killer 

Kev 

Kev,

Are you talking about the Individuals LP? If so, Sorry Sorry is another killer.

/Carl

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!