Members Soul plays and favs - 2021

Mike

22 hours ago, Mal C said:

Northern Soul - Trusting In You

Was The Trusting In You Ever Released Mal, Someone Said it was an old searling spin?

Anyway I like this real cheapy bought it a couple of years ago for a Fiver

Kirsty

Edited by Gold Band
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Rick Scott said:

Must Have Been Having A "You Don't Mean It Moment" When They Laid This Down...... Manic 😄 Dance To It If You Dare (Without Bits Falling Off)

Ha ha ... I also posted it on Soul Music News section  and said it was 'storming' funky northern at 160 bpm ... not for the faint-hearted!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

20 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

Must Have Been Having A "You Don't Mean It Moment" When They Laid This Down...... Manic 😄 Dance To It If You Dare (Without Bits Falling Off)

Agreed. Fantastic sound.

Oh to be able to last all the way through tunes like this again...

Ed

Social source share

something a bit more upbeat today, a wonderful piece of latin soul, 

i own the 12' version which has the full longer versions In English & Spanish which i prefer

but hey Horses for Courses 7" Very Hard Whilst 12" Still able to pick up..........

Edited by Rick Scott
mistake
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

On 05/05/2021 at 12:03, Rick Scott said:

A Mid Week Gem From Me (1993) From My Modern Oldies Box "Time For Love" From Gems For Jem

Still Sounding Fresher Than a Lot of todays New stuff (For Me anyway) Timeless Soul For You My Friends,

Enjoy As Always......... Rick

Second time I've heard this track this week as Steve Aggasild played it on Monday night on his show. I assume the vocalist is Tracy Ackerman who sang on the flip? ... which is also good 'Even When You're Gone' ... she was the voice on those 80s medley/mix things by Enigma produced by Les McCutcheon (his son Steven co-wrote the GfJ tracks but unfortunately the rest of them are all frantic house tracks).

Social source share

Yes Mark, definitely the best two tracks laid down by GfJ great double sider, Didn't buy any others by them around that time for the reasons you stated, shame really as they had the potential with this type of music but sadly chose to go down another route,

Rick

2 hours ago, Soulstrutter said:

Second time I've heard this track this week as Steve Aggasild played it on Monday night on his show. I assume the vocalist is Tracy Ackerman who sang on the flip?

Social source share

44 minutes ago, Mcqueen2649 said:

Check out Glasgows Al Kent's latest mix up  The Loneliest one on a 12"  4tops ask the lonley mixed with ashford and simpsons it seems to hang on....... worms its way into your head. Another goodie Cheri Maree time waits on a 7" 

here are...

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Snagged one of these on a 7" this morning and right up my street, an Instrumental  that has a Mystical sound about it like Vedas "Spellbound" but without vocals and one i suspect won't be around for long, Marmite to some but Hey, i love Marmite, 🎶🎷 Enjoy..... Rick

Italian Dance Fusion Quintet With a Fabulous Jazz/Dance Track Released 14th May 2021

Band Members are as Writer Credits 

Edited by Rick Scott
Added information
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Soulman58 said:

Its clips like this that makes you realise how underrated she was in comparison with today's divas, who all fail to understand less can be more.

She was a top singer. Better promotion and better material would have surely seen her achieve greater success.

Interestingly, Sharon was 40 when she first recorded. She served her time, learnt how to sing and was a rounded, mature performer when she emerged.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Just spent £28 on the AOTN Subscription on Bandcamp, well worth the money I thought. All digital access and you get a discount on vinyl. Anyhow I have just discovered an artist called Greg Foat, who has made several albums they have put out, I know nothing about him as an artist, but he's brilliant. He's kinda like Acid Jazz's Matt Berry in a way.. probably older as some of his work looks like its maybe from the 7ts..

Here is an example of his work, but it looks to be pretty varied.

best soul track Ive managed to listen to so far is Orpheus - Beautiful Lady, sure folks know these tracks but they are new to me 🙂

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

I reacquainted myself with this (bought it back) recently, perhaps not the best known of the sides. Considering her 5/6 singles nothing known apart from a photo?

Edited by Kenb
Social source share