CHINO FEASTER - THE GIRL I LOVE

bazarakus

Folks.  I have THE GIRL I LOVE by CHINO FEASTER on SHIPP and wondered if anyone could enlighten me about the record or the artist?  I can't find a release year, which makes me suspicious ...  I found what feels like an earlier, boogaloo latin version of the same song by Chino Feather, which must be the same guy, rite?  Does anyone else have it?  It wasn't tagged as a reissue when I bought it leastways ... Any illumination greatly appreciated!

Social source share

2 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Carl Feaster and his brother, baritone Claude Feaster, both of whom were members of the local Tune Toppers.

Cheno.jpg

Not 100% sure they are the same people but, there were a Claude and  Carl Feaster in the Doo Wop group the Chords. Claude is one of the writers of the Doo Wop Classic  "Sh-Boom".

Chords.jpg

Sh.jpg

Edited by The Yank
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Someone has the Shipp version at '67 I tend to agree the Chino Feather version on Chex '63 & on Gateway '66 the Straker's version much later mid 70's for the Christmas Market... I can see that the Cashbox shows it at '71 but that doesn't mean it was cut then...

Kirsty

Edited by Gold Band
Social source share

30 minutes ago, Gold Band said:

Someone has the Shipp version at '67 I tend to agree the Chino Feather version on Chex '63 & on Gateway '66 the Straker's version much later mid 70's for the Christmas Market.

The Straker's version came out about 6 months before the Shipp 45- 

Str.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, The Yank said:

The Straker's version came out about 6 months before the Shipp 45- 

Yes but as a b-side on the Stracker's label which was a NY West-Indians label.

To promote it further out of this ethnic domain another label is indeed indicated.

Can anyone tell us through a direct comparison if they are the same take/mix ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!