The Ric-Tic Label

Soulandy

Just going through my small Ric-Tic collection and I have noticed that quite a few of my Red ones (106-118) have the numbers scratched in the run out as oppossed to the Blue ones (127-134) that have the numbers stamped in the runout, although a couple of the Red ones have a stamp on one side but not on the other. The one Yellow (103) and one DJ Copy (138) are both stamped yet Freddie Gorman (101) is scratched with a very small "Bell Sounds" stamp. Just curious as I'll be letting them go in the next couple of months and wondered if they were all originals or second press/re-issues. I've looked on here but can't find much info

Thanks

Social source share

I checked my Ric-Tics and found the same thing. The only stamped ones I have pre 119 are Edwin's 2 Hits-

"Agent.." and "S.O.S. ...".  Without seeing your 45's, I would guess they are probably  all originals.  Discogs does have a section showing which Ric-Tics were bootlegged.

Edited by The Yank
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

56 minutes ago, The Yank said:

I checked my Ric-Tics and found the same thing. The only stamped ones I have pre 119 are Edwin's 2 Hits-

"Agent.." and "S.O.S. ...".  Without seeing your 45's, I would guess they are probably  all originals.  Discogs does have a section showing which Ric-Tics were bootlegged.

Just looking though the discogs site and for someone like me who doesn't really know about stamps and numbers, I find it interesting to see what I have or haven't got. 

Edited by Soulandy
Social source share

About 40 years ago I bought a "detroit" soul pack, direct from the states. One or two nice "northern" items but most just for label collectors I guess

Ric tic golden world some tamla, etc.

I did notice the ric tic were mostly not stamped and assumed not original.

Might have been wrong after all..

Ed

Social source share

Looked through my Ric Tics up to RT 118. Unfortunately I don't Have RT119 or RT105. There is no RT113.

102 Joyce Webb - vinyl - scratched

100 Gino Washington - vinyl - scratched

100 Gino Washington white - vinyl - scratched

101 Freddie Gorman - styrene -scratched

102 Freddie Gorman - styrene -stamped

103 Yellow Agent 00-soul -styrene - stamped

103 Agent Double-o-soul -styrene - stamped

103 Yellow red writingAgent Double-o-soul -styrene - stamped

104 to 108 Styrene-scratched with T1 opposite number

109 S.O.S side stamped Faith side scratched - styrene

110 J.J.Barnes - styrene -scratched

111 Laura Lee D.J. copy styrene -scratched

112 Styrene-scratched with T1 opposite number

114 Headline side Styrene-scratched with T1 opposite number. Harlem side stamped.

115 J.J. Barnes Styrene-scratched with T1 opposite number

116 White D.J. copy scratched with T1 opposite number

117 scratched with T1 opposite number

118 scratched with T1 opposite number

I think all are original. I hope this helps.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Millo said:

Looked through my Ric Tics up to RT 118. Unfortunately I don't Have RT119 or RT105. There is no RT113.

102 Joyce Webb - vinyl - scratched

100 Gino Washington - vinyl - scratched

100 Gino Washington white - vinyl - scratched

101 Freddie Gorman - styrene -scratched

102 Freddie Gorman - styrene -stamped

103 Yellow Agent 00-soul -styrene - stamped

103 Agent Double-o-soul -styrene - stamped

103 Yellow red writingAgent Double-o-soul -styrene - stamped

104 to 108 Styrene-scratched with T1 opposite number

109 S.O.S side stamped Faith side scratched - styrene

110 J.J.Barnes - styrene -scratched

111 Laura Lee D.J. copy styrene -scratched

112 Styrene-scratched with T1 opposite number

114 Headline side Styrene-scratched with T1 opposite number. Harlem side stamped.

115 J.J. Barnes Styrene-scratched with T1 opposite number

116 White D.J. copy scratched with T1 opposite number

117 scratched with T1 opposite number

118 scratched with T1 opposite number

I think all are original. I hope this helps.

Interesting, my 112 has the number scratched in but no T1 that I can see. 108 again has the number scratched by with 55 or ss (quite difficult to tell) on the I'm Satisfied side  and s or 5 on the Blueberry Hill side. 107 has the number scratched in but there is nothing else that I can see  

Social source share

12 minutes ago, Soulandy said:

Interesting, my 112 has the number scratched in but no T1 that I can see. 108 again has the number scratched by with 55 or ss (quite difficult to tell) on the I'm Satisfied side  and s or 5 on the Blueberry Hill side. 107 has the number scratched in but there is nothing else that I can see  

My 108 has T1 on both sides. My 112 issue has T1 on both sides. My 112 promo has the same info but with

an X on the "Festival Time" side.

Social source share

On 20/01/2021 at 10:11, Ian Parker said:

i hve  a Styrene Laura Lee, with scratched in matrix.   apparently (from reliable sources) Legit. 

My styrene Laura Lee demo scratched in as well. Years ago I had a red issue that from memory was stamped but it could be just my memory playing tricks 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!