Tippi Saunders ... what happened there ... ?

The Tippi Saunders that just finished on the bay ... crept up from £5.99 to £181.50 over a few days as would be expected .

The two 'finishers' jump in with $2222.22 and $2472.22 to end it .... :ohmy:

And the jump from $181.50 to $2222.22 came from the same bidder ... !

Expensive for someone Snipe cock-up or malfunction .

Social source share

1 hour ago, Woodbutcher said:

The Tippi Saunders that just finished on the bay ... crept up from £5.99 to £181.50 over a few days as would be expected .

The two 'finishers' jump in with $2222.22 and $2472.22 to end it .... :ohmy:

And the jump from $181.50 to $2222.22 came from the same bidder ... !

Expensive for someone Snipe cock-up or malfunction .

Really weird. A $200 record goes for ten times as much? I watched and put in one bid. The winner might be feeling pretty sick - maybe they will withdraw it? The underbidder might just have been shivving for a laugh. We know there’s a millionaire bidder out there who makes one bid only, and only on nice mint items - I suspect their usual bid is something like $3,000 or $5,000 which would guarantee winning pretty much everything. It could of course be another ‘dealer intercept’ who plans to press 300 copies at £20 a pop thereby making a tidy profit.

I suppose anyone could put in a silly bid and spoil the auction by later withdrawing it. Some of the more prolific eBay buyers have dozens of withdrawn bids against by identity which hints at their MO.🤑🤫

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!