Bury Council Venue Closure Consultation

I drive past the Elizabethan suite a couple of times a week and its got so many memories.  I for one will be adding my voice and concern over the possibility that they get redeveloped.  Bury are actively pursuing a green belt housing plan that at the moment which in itself needs stopping. 

Thanks for sharing the link. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Some great memories of Bury & the Longfield Suite but it shows how this virus is affecting everything. If these big council run buildings are on the verge of closure, imagine how some smaller venues are coping with nothing happening, not just soulwise  but alsorts of public/social gotherings. I feel it's going to be another very long and difficult year for some. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

The last soul event I went to before the lockdown last year was the Bury Town Hall Nighter. I'd been a few times and really enjoyed them.
As I have just moved up here I will check out the link and see what it says. As Soulandy said the Covid business has so many implications for venues and other businesses.  Worrying times indeed.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 21/01/2021 at 21:06, Winsford Soul said:

Bury are actively pursuing a green belt housing plan that at the moment which in itself needs stopping. 

The field behind my house is green belt and one of the areas earmarked for possible development  by Bury Council. Worryingly the land between the two rows of houses was put up for auction after planning permission had failed twice for one house. The guy lost nigh on twenty grand in eighteen months, we still don't know who has bought the land but as it gives prime access to the field we think it has possibly been bought either by the so called farmer or one of the large housebuilding groups with a view to future development. 

Rammy Civic also hosted Northern nights for many years initially promoted by Darren Sykes and Phil Wheelhouse who did a sterling job bringing Dj's from further afield ignoring the you do mine and I'll do yours route , latterly by Des Jones continuing the work put in at Rammy Cricket Club for over ten years. Great nights wonderful memories, Talc Gate anyone ☠️ 

Edited by Twoshoes
addition
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!