Anderson Brothers

This is an original from Darrens site a while back - with the mono and stereo either sides - it’s a bit of a minefield this record regarding the boots / pressings 

There’s a vinyl one - a styrene one and am sure there’s another one ! 

Seen loads over the years but never an original in the flesh ! 

EDD29512-1B1F-49CD-889C-981F995F2D9B.jpeg

Social source share

1 hour ago, Tomangoes said:

And a later updated version....

Used to hate the original. Very depressing and slower than other stuff at the time.

But I can live with it now:)

Ed

Was played quite a bit as a new release at The Fleet in 79 (Sam)...Never quite did it for me to be honest 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

I found an Anderson Brothers LP test press in Chicago in 1980. Just Anderson Bros DJM (and some numbers) in biro on the plain white label. One of the tracks was OK(ish) I gave it to Tony Warot who played that track at The Fleet a few times. It didnt have ICSHLY on it. The thing that puzzled me was why a DJM test press was in a junk shop in Chicago........Anyway, point of the post - Is it possible ICSHLY came out on DJM as a 45 eslewhere in the world & we just havent found one yet ?

Social source share

• 3 months later...

Have contacted the seller before taking further actions on this auction about this Anderson Brothers copy but what are you thoughts on it as I believe just by the looks of it that this is a bootleg (styrene) in disguise with a company sleeve...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373559053445?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

45 minutes ago, Tlscapital said:

Have contacted the seller before taking further actions on this auction about this Anderson Brothers copy but what are you thoughts on it as I believe just by the looks of it that this is a bootleg (styrene) in disguise with a company sleeve...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373559053445?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

I noticed the bubbles on the label just doesn’t look right 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

18 minutes ago, Mick Reed said:

He conveniently doesn't show us the vinyl styrene, bit strange me thinks. ☹

It is a styrene bootleg. Even the sound clip is muffled some like any bootleg out there. I can't say better because I never had a bootleg of them to listen to, but even on close up the label' bubbles an the smear on the print indicate a styrene pressing and so a bootleg.

Up to now the seller didn't bother to reply to my PM. The eVilBay report I did remains "in the air" somewhere and another query with the eVilBay's (again) customer service is also still unanswered to this hour. Makes me wonder if any will comply and lose on the 'JackPot'...

• Up vote 2
Social source share

23 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

Thanks mate - I was in two minds about bidding as I wasn't comfortable either. Glad I didn't. 

Social source share

The opiniated (understandingily in defen$e) seller late response over his Anderson Brothers copy auctioned ;

Hello Tim,

thanks for your message.
Styrene has very glossy and shiny grooves
and it’s unbendable.
On our copy this isn’t the case so that’s vinyl.
This came from an old radio station collection
so it’s impossible to be a bootleg or any recent
repress.
Like you said there are many odd and different
pressings of this but that’s a 70s original.

Regards
Tom/Freestylemaniac-Records

One copy next to another tells it all ; left his - right mine (the right one !)

1237581561_Capturedcran2021-05-0319_53_47.thumb.png.5c49a8a1e30848cda4adfd658a94ae0f.png

My reply to him + with the image ;

OK Tom, thanks for a first reply. Now I do know and love both my styrenes and my vinyls. Can you give us pictures of both sides the record naked then ? With the matrix clearly visible please. Then a sample of the "MONO" flip as well.

Coming from a radio... You are telling me all radio stations only had originals and no bootlegs ? Although I must admit that I know that is just not always the case. Nothing in disrespect to you but understand this is no trivial record... Tim

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

18 minutes ago, Tlscapital said:

The opiniated (understandingily in defen$e) seller late response over his Anderson Brothers copy auctioned ;

Hello Tim,

thanks for your message.
Styrene has very glossy and shiny grooves
and it’s unbendable.
On our copy this isn’t the case so that’s vinyl.
This came from an old radio station collection
so it’s impossible to be a bootleg or any recent
repress.
Like you said there are many odd and different
pressings of this but that’s a 70s original.

Regards
Tom/Freestylemaniac-Records

1237581561_Capturedcran2021-05-0319_53_47.thumb.png.5c49a8a1e30848cda4adfd658a94ae0f.png

My reply to him + with the image ;

OK Tom, thanks for a first reply. Now I do know and love both my styrenes and my vinyls. Can you give us pictures of both sides the record naked then ? With the matrix clearly visible please. Then a sample of the "MONO" flip as well.

Coming from a radio... You are telling me all radio stations only had originals and no bootlegs ? Although I must admit that I know that is just not always the case. Nothing in disrespect to you but understand this is no trivial record... Tim

The copy on the left looks like a typical styrene 70's boot. I would not be surprised if it was a Monarch delta number pressing.

As you say, the original should be vinyl.

Social source share

14 minutes ago, Do The 45 said:

The copy on the left looks like a typical styrene 70's boot. I would not be surprised if it was a Monarch delta number pressing.

As you say, the original should be vinyl.

The 'MONO' flip mp3 I believe should be a revealer too...

Social source share

The copy for sale looks like the one I have had since the 70's.  Run out grooves have GSFM1179 S and M an M (assume Monarch) a PB then 100274 ?  all scratched across.  A side plays clean stereo whilst B side is mono with surface noise, although not sure if like that when purchased.

Thommo

Social source share

1 hour ago, Steve Thompson said:

The copy for sale looks like the one I have had since the 70's.  Run out grooves have GSFM1179 S and M an M (assume Monarch) a PB then 100274 ?  all scratched across.  A side plays clean stereo whilst B side is mono with surface noise, although not sure if like that when purchased.

Thommo

The real 'MONO' side plays really another mastering job :( that I blieve none of the bootlegs play.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

13 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

The copy on ebay is 100% the styrene bootleg. The ONLY release of this 45 which has got the "Arr. & Cond. by" credits THAT close to the "CORP. (BMI)" credit is the styrene bootleg from 1978 with scratched out delta number Δ100214. 

There are two other counterfeits as well, pressed on vinyl not styrene, that are much more similar to the original than the one up on ebay at the moment. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

The seller replied to me again. But he sticks to his claim. Reputated seller for 20 years... Find my post on here not serious on my behalf. Willing to refund the winner if he can prove that this copy is not an original... I let anyone sort that one out...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

54 minutes ago, Ted Massey said:

At over 1200 now 🤦‍♂️

Four day days ago it was still under $800 while I first tried to contact the seller pointing him out in the right directions. Telling him that maybe he was mislead by what ever info he maybe had. Offering him to read what people on here had to teach him. I am a NICE person 😃

Asking him specific checks that will improve his highest bidder item attestation of pedigree with photos of the matrixes, sound clip of the MONO side... Like I hide nothing and show it all kinda attitude. But he ignore all of that and insisted on the seriousness of his business vigorously 🤑

The last real copy offered on eBay few weeks ago fetched $2.000+. This one will have fail to be held-up by eBay. To report the fraud item did nothing and their 'consumer service' is numb. The 'community' advised me to report the item... The LooP ! And apologies for poor eBay who had millions of items to process...

Oh well, in the end both the seller and eBay will cash in on this fraudulent auction and one big looser might find out one day that he was ripped-off by more than one person. In the meantime ; The 'Alpha' : many will take that auction for reference. The 'Omega' : lots of those bootlegs will be passed on as the real thing for a long while.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

16 minutes ago, Merve said:

He must be hoping he can front it out if the buyer complains or he'd have taken it down by now :pirate:

Only taking a chance I believe. He replied to me after reading me on here that he would refund the winner IF HE CAN PROVE that it's a bootleg... What a piss arrogant seller attitude is that ?

His item description claims that it's the real deal without providing any proof of it (far from it showing a styrene claiming it's a vinyl) and then he begs to differ if the winner can prove him that it's not the real deal !

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

24 minutes ago, Tlscapital said:

Only taking a chance I believe. He replied to me after reading me on here that he would refund the winner IF HE CAN PROVE that it's a bootleg... What a piss arrogant seller attitude is that ?

His item description claims that it's the real deal without providing any proof of it (far from it showing a styrene claiming it's a vinyl) and then he begs to differ if the winner can prove him that it's not the real deal !

Looks like others have weighed in too https://www.facebook.com/groups/1484989138379594

Social source share

5 minutes ago, Merve said:

Looks like others have weighed in too https://www.facebook.com/groups/1484989138379594

OK. Thank you for sharing that. Apparently many have "warned" him... But how many have actually reported it to the eBay ?

FWIW that Tom guy PM replies came from a Germany established account and the eBay "shop" location indicates Spain... ?

For the rest that eBay store is indeed established with good scores for a long time now. So what'z really going'on there ?

Social source share

1 hour ago, Tlscapital said:

OK. Thank you for sharing that. Apparently many have "warned" him... But how many have actually reported it to the eBay ?

FWIW that Tom guy PM replies came from a Germany established account and the eBay "shop" location indicates Spain... ?

For the rest that eBay store is indeed established with good scores for a long time now. So what'z really going'on there ?

Don't know that Tom guy personally but I have 11 mutual friends on FB who I've known/know personally away from FB for many, many years, so I would bet my last pound he's kosher 

Social source share

5 hours ago, Merve said:

Don't know that Tom guy personally but I have 11 mutual friends on FB who I've known/know personally away from FB for many, many years, so I would bet my last pound he's kosher 

Oh sorry, I meant Tom the guy fom the eBay store auctioning the bootleg of the Anderson Brothers that ended up at $3.250... 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

I reported it to ebay they don't give shit its just cash to them.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 06/05/2021 at 05:17, Tlscapital said:

Oh sorry, I meant Tom the guy fom the eBay store auctioning the bootleg of the Anderson Brothers that ended up at $3.250... 

Which fool would part with $3.250 for something that they can't tell if it's an original or not? It looked just the same profile as the Blanch Carter GSF 1970's boot!

A fool and his money are easily parted!

Edited by Do The 45
Social source share

The copy that just sold, has a spot on the Stereo side label, just to the right of GSF. On Popsike, there is a copy that sold in December 2020 with a spot in the same position. I’m wondering if this is the same record or has the scan been reused? I certainly think there is a bull market for prime records like this - buy for 2K and sell for 3K soon after - so, is this record being flogged on again quickly?

Social source share

14 hours ago, Do The 45 said:

Who would part with $3.250 for something they can't tell if it is an  original or not? It looked just the same profile as the Blanch Carter GSF 1970's boot!

A fool and his money are easily parted!

Kejserens nye klæder

History repeating itself...

Ed

Social source share

7 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

The copy that just sold, has a spot on the Stereo side label, just to the right of GSF. On Popsike, there is a copy that sold in December 2020 with a spot in the same position. I’m wondering if this is the same record or has the scan been reused? I certainly think there is a bull market for prime records like this - buy for 2K and sell for 3K soon after - so, is this record being flogged on again quickly?

Good plot theory but no, it's not the same copy as the one that sold in December is a real one and the spot is not really identical.

Capture d’écran 2021-05-07 à 08.34.32.png

Edited by Tlscapital
ADDED image
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

3 minutes ago, Wheelsville1 said:

The copy that has just sold on ebay as other people on here have already said is without doubt definatley a boot. If people are foolish enough to bid without doing there homework first then so be it. 

Normally yes, I'd agree, but in this case he deliberately set out to lie & deceive. Had it just been put up without the lying description I think most would have taken a different view on the sale rather than the outrage it stirred up.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, Merve said:

Normally yes, I'd agree, but in this case he deliberately set out to lie & deceive. Had it just been put up without the lying description I think most would have taken a different view on the sale rather than the outrage it stirred up.

I understand what you are saying,however we all know that the original is on vinyl with a moulded label.The one shown on ebay is clearly a stuck on paper label,hence being a styrene copy.There are far to many fools out there with lots of money and no knowledge. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

To my knowledge i think the last 2 originals have been sold on FB for around £1900. i think this 3300$ one has been spiked and i very much doubt paid for (if any one has an original i would be happy to relieve them of it ) 

Edited by Ted Massey
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

9 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

Good plot theory but no, it's not the same copy as the one that sold in December is a real one and the spot is not really identical.

Capture d’écran 2021-05-07 à 08.34.32.png

Thanks for posting. I can also see the credits on the right hand side are spaced out differently so there is another way of identifying the bootleg.

Social source share

3 minutes ago, Greedy Mick said:

I'm beginning to get a bit lost now with all the reissues etc. I bought a copy thinking it's a reissue to play at home.  But it's a  vinyl . Is it a reissue or proper one....  I'm totally confused now 🤔

Here you go ; read and learn. 

Social source share

I’m even more puzzled now I’ve re-read this thread. My understanding is H was identified on Sunday during the last episode of ‘Line of Duty’ (starring Soul Boy Steve) but there could be two more H’s out there judging from the misspelling of  the word ‘definitely’. If this continues, Steve Ted, Kate and the wee donkey will come looking for you...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!