N/S Dealer Websites?

Soulfool

www.parkersrc.com is an excellent listing for Don Parkers Records and Comics in the USA as it has a variety of soul with sound clips.

The best websites in the UK are run by John Manship, Tim Brown, Pat Brady, Steve Jeffries, Darren Brown and Henry Atkinson but there are plenty of others.

Check the Soul-Source seller listings daily and you can’t go wrong - any week you choose, the range of offerings will be way better than eBay.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Frankie Crocker said:

www.parkersrc.com is an excellent listing for Don Parkers Records and Comics in the USA as it has a variety of soul with sound clips.

The best websites in the UK are run by John Manship, Tim Brown, Pat Brady, Steve Jeffries, Darren Brown and Henry Atkinson but there are plenty of others.

Check the Soul-Source seller listings daily and you can’t go wrong - any week you choose, the range of offerings will be way better than eBay.

As we're comparing to eBay in what way is Parker's site excellent ?

I just checked my recent buys off eBay of common 45s.

Tymes WINCHESTER $9.99

Bobby Mac Keep on  $5 

Astors Candy $5.99

2 x J. Wilson Haunted House $5.98

On Parker list those 4 x 45s come to $110 ! Mine $26.97. And my Tymes and Bobby Mac were both demos not issues and all 4 were M-.

Stick to eBay.

Edited by Modernsoulsucks
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

28 minutes ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

As we're comparing to eBay in what way is Parker's site excellent ?

I just checked my recent buys off eBay of common 45s.

Tymes WINCHESTER $9.99

Bobby Mac Keep on  $5 

Astors Candy $5.99

2 x J. Wilson Haunted House $5.98

On Parker list those 4 x 45s come to $110 ! Mine $26.97. And my Tymes and Bobby Mac were both demos not issues and all 4 were M-.

Stick to eBay.

Fair point. Records are priced up using Manship Priceguide in many cases. Most records are for sale for two figures. The site is updated regularly. Most tunes have sound-clips. - this is a real advantage for browsers.There’s other types of soul besides Northern.

Sure, there’s eBay and Discogs, but if you want a list that's been compiled by someone who knows the record business, this is a decent place to start. The vast majority of record stores and dealers in the States do not have a dedicated website. 

Edited by Frankie Crocker
typo
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

I find Jeffries extremely overpriced.
No question - ingenious records. As for the level of rarities on a par with JM and Anglo.
But what prices are sometimes asked for ... Hallelujah

• Up vote 2
Social source share

55 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

I find Jeffries extremely overpriced.
No question - ingenious records. As for the level of rarities on a par with JM and Anglo.
But what prices are sometimes asked for ... Hallelujah

Agreed, it is a strange sight of a site. The records are overpriced but some seem to sell. I think they are priced up to attract interest in the shop window. He has a high profile so I thought he should be flagged up.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

I thought "Silverfox" selection was pretty good.

I hardly buy anything from UK dealers but bought a couple off him recently and money permitting made a note of a few more I want.

Good call. Adey Pierce has been in the business a very long time and has a decent selection. I should also add Sean Chapman’s website to the list.

It’s worth mentioning these websites cost a lot to set up and maintain so I take my hat off to the dealers who have achieved this. 

Edited by Frankie Crocker
syntax
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

I found a good place to start  is to put your wants list on Discogs then all the dealers on there who have the record you want will come up. This gives you a good idea what the records you are after are available for and in what condition. From there search the other sites suggested here plus any others you come across and make the comparisons on price. I've bought off Silverfox several times, always gives good service

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!