PayPal rip off

Headsy

So if you sell something on discogs and get paid,  then you cancel sale cos it's not there, you cannot refund payment in full cos PayPal have already taken their %.

You have to make separate payment at your expense to make up the difference back to buyer. 

Is it me ?

Social source share

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I hear you brother.. 

My issue with PP..

If you sold a product for $, and you have a PayPal $ account, you got credited the $ after they take the %. Fair enough. One bite of the cherry.

Before 1/1/21 you could move the remaining $ to, for example, a usa $ bank account for free.

Same transaction now costs an extra 3%.

No explanation or justification, just a change in terms and conditions, take it or leave it choice.

If you instead, change the $ to £ they screw you on the exchange rate.

I'm not a fan of the old paypal...more like stealpal or paypaypal..

Ed

Social source share

15 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

I hear you brother.. 

My issue with PP..

If you sold a product for $, and you have a PayPal $ account, you got credited the $ after they take the %. Fair enough. One bite of the cherry.

Before 1/1/21 you could move the remaining $ to, for example, a usa $ bank account for free.

Same transaction now costs an extra 3%.

No explanation or justification, just a change in terms and conditions, take it or leave it choice.

If you instead, change the $ to £ they screw you on the exchange rate.

I'm not a fan of the old paypal...more like stealpal or paypaypal..

Ed

We were having this discussion before when Discogs bought in their "new" "Automatic Shipping Policy" which was sold to members as a way of selling more (shipping costs upfront) and paid quicker.

At the time it was suggested that Discogs was being massaged by Paypal and of course no one could prove it.

There was also the talk of Brexit and how Paypal would be used to collect the new taxes (talked about on here in another thread).

All in all I am very suspicious (I don't want to swear) and cannot for the life of me understand how with the monopoly rules applied by Europe, that Paypal seem to be the only option available for payments for most, all over the world.....I would like to see a little competition, what do others think ?

Social source share

Absolutely...

Trialling Zelle.com right now.

Its free and instant to move $ to $ from banks who are signed up, and I think $10 straight if there is some banks who are not.

Bottom line is i still think buyers using PP is ok. Its the sellers who are getting Chiseled, and eventually it will mean a levy is added, and so buyers will pay.

Something definitely allowed PP to up their fees on the 1st Jan.

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Tomangoes said:

Absolutely...

Trialling Zelle.com right now.

Its free and instant to move $ to $ from banks who are signed up, and I think $10 straight if there is some banks who are not.

Bottom line is i still think buyers using PP is ok. Its the sellers who are getting Chiseled, and eventually it will mean a levy is added, and so buyers will pay.

Something definitely allowed PP to up their fees on the 1st Jan.

Ed

Paypal are going to defiantly going to rule the waves

200% increase in profits recently

https://ukinvestormagazine.co.uk/paypal-profits-surge-over-200/

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!