Major Lance - Think nothing about it

Nickinstoke

Thanks for your replies, Guys. It seemed a strange one - seems to have been allocated the number 4-7200, only 3 after “It ain’t no use” (7197) and 3 before “Rhythm” (7203), both of which charted just 2 months apart. I’m guessing it was pulled and replaced with “Rhythm”.

I have it on a French EP - I guess that’ll have to do.

Social source share

On 09/02/2021 at 08:45, Roburt said:

There are quite a good number of great tracks that were made available by numerous labels on those 'LITTLE LP's' back in the 60's and early 70's ...  

LittleLPs.jpg

Rca33singles.jpg

CapitolLittleLP2.jpg

CapitolLittleLP3.jpg

LittleLPmaker.jpg

They certainly were beautiful items, I have a few by the Impressions. Especially nice if they come with the juke box inserts 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 years later...

Always a tricky one this - Back in the mid 90's when Goldmine and Discoveries were the two publications to get. I subscribed to the publishers mailing list to get hot off the press copies ahead of the UK based retailers distribution and remember being amazed at an entry in one of the editions where this 45 was listed as Okeh WLP 7200 - First and only time I ever saw it and it was within a mixed genre full page sales list. Nearly choked on my coffee that morning. 

I was too busy at work and had both that month's editions to trawl through for first up any set-sales and then auctions.

It was so easy to miss stuff - Big City Playboy, Lonely Girl and Wrapped around your finger all escaped my initial trawl.

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!