Premiership Season 2020-2021

Posted (edited)

“ALISON BLUNDERLAND”

So .. came on this morning knowing that there would be some nice tasty banter that I’d have to be responding to and topic locked .

Understand Paul , that it was your topic and it did get hijacked into general discussion on the season a little , so I thought I’d carry one on .. if that’s ok with all .

Never take anything personal , so Steve , I’ve been taking it and giving it for too many years to mention with the Manc Devils .... it’s all good so long as it stays just that .. good honest banter .

So to our game .

What to say , it showed up all the shortcomings we are suffering with and have been ever since Pitchfork took out VVD with his scissor tackle .

We didn’t play that bad first half , went behind to a deserved pen because Trent again never looked at ease in his defensive role and Fab looked wooden legged. Alison had a shocker , but he will bounced back . No excuses .. we got beaten by the better team and Foden had a massive game and what a prospect for the future . Great to see a young lad taking on defenders without any fear. We now have to regroup and make top 4 , which is not a given . Europe may help us , or it could end just like our season has , all disappeared into the ether ... No fortress Anfield without the crowd .. no excuses just not good enough simple as .

Man City’s to loose but going to be very interesting for all the European slots now .. still a bit to go and lots of footie to play .

Keep safe all 

Edited by Stevegods
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 8
  • Views 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think a bit of lockdown fever was released on the leicester thread nothing but banter to me, whatever team you support we all love football and soul and thats good enough for me.

Morning Steve.  The voice of calm and reason.  Hope you're safe and well mate 👍..  You know me,  I wear my heart on my sleeve and say it as I see it, There was NO need for the Leicester thread to be l

It's only a temporary LOCKDOWN. Too many Needless Edited Posts, give you all a bit of time to consider your motives and all come back fresher. Also i did notice quite a few contributors comi

Posted

Morning Steve.  The voice of calm and reason.  Hope you're safe and well mate 👍..  You know me,  I wear my heart on my sleeve and say it as I see it, There was NO need for the Leicester thread to be locked because everything was said and sorted  the last few posts on the page where back to normal.  But hey ho. 

I won't be posting on here again because I have got to much love and respect for you so good luck with this thread and I know you won't  lock this as a smacked arse.

Catch up with you when all this covid shit is over and we will have a pint in either the Bears Paw or the Golden Lion mate next time your back up north . Stay safe and take it easy. 

Out of here. 

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I think a bit of lockdown fever was released on the leicester thread nothing but banter to me, whatever team you support we all love football and soul and thats good enough for me.

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Hi

1 hour ago, Winsford Soul said:

I won't be posting on here again because I have got to much love and respect for you so good luck with this thread and I know you won't  lock this as a smacked arse.

Catch up with you when all this covid shit is over and we will have a pint in either the Bears Paw or the Golden Lion mate next time your back up north . Stay safe and take it easy. 

Out of here. 

Hiya mate , all good here pal yea .. getting home tested twice a week now .. so feel a bit safer at school, but don’t even have the footie to lift my spirits now. We will meet up after all of this mate for sure , just hope you won’t be toasting yet another title.

We are crap at the mo .. in and around the box , so slow , no decisive quick passing ... it’s all sideways - backwards stuff .

Anyway , don’t let it stop you ranting away and giving us lots deserved stick .. that’s the one thing that we both can do to each other and there’s lots of other Manc mates that I’m getting it from as well as Toffees .. just wait till they play their two games and go above us .

Its all in the game and the game we all hold dear to our heart ..

At least no one can say it’s a boring old season .. 

Funny old game Saint .

Keep safe and well all . 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It's only a temporary LOCKDOWN.

Too many Needless Edited Posts, give you all a bit of time to consider your motives and all come back fresher.

Also i did notice quite a few contributors coming onto the forum without wearing face masks.

It is great to have all footy fans in one place - BANTER IS KING!

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
Just now, Rudzy said:

It's only a temporary LOCKDOWN.

Too many Needless Edited Posts, give you all a bit of time to consider your motives and all come back fresher.

Also i did notice quite a few contributors coming onto the forum without wearing face masks.

It is great to have all footy fans in one place - BANTER IS KING!

Hope so rudzy, was an enjoyable thread. 

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

I'm just impressed by the standard of football, and intrigued how no home crowd has limited home advantage.

Not only can anybody beat anybody, its actually being done!

Alas my team is not in this league, so I tend to look for England players to see how they are doing.

Some great hope is being built up for the future.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Brilliant to see the 'Mighty String' get a mention during the week - and speaking of Mike Stringfellow  - was having a chat with Lenny Glover in my office at Midland Sports in Loughborough in 1988 and discussing the great players that he had played with and he stated that Mike was the best until Man. City's mid/late 60's side with Bell/Summerbee /Young/ Lee/ Oakes etc deliberately targeted him with a vicious campaign to kick him out of the game that almost caused a right set too in the tunnel and into the changing rooms - String was never the same due to this. Man. City may have been a great footballing side under Mercer/Allison but they were also ruthless and took no prisoners.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 minutes ago, Vadnochka said:

Brilliant to see the 'Mighty String' get a mention during the week - and speaking of Mike Stringfellow  - was having a chat with Lenny Glover in my office at Midland Sports in Loughborough in 1988 and discussing the great players that he had played with and he stated that Mike was the best until Man. City's mid/late 60's side with Bell/Summerbee /Young/ Lee/ Oakes etc deliberately targeted him with a vicious campaign to kick him out of the game that almost caused a right set too in the tunnel and into the changing rooms - String was never the same due to this. Man. City may have been a great footballing side under Mercer/Allison but they were also ruthless and took no prisoners.

I think that applies to most great sides, look at revies Leeds upto man utd with Keane and beyond even barca at their peak could employ the dark arts when required. I sometimes think as decent a side as Leicester have at the moment we should develop a more competitive/ game  edge if that makes sense.

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Premiership - New Season
    Freebasing by Stevegods on Thu 20 Aug 2020
    • 102 / 2949
    • Shinehead on 10 Nov 2020
  2. Jmauction - 30/12/2020 - Results - Goodbye 2020
    All About The Soul by Zanetti on Wed 30 Dec 2020
    • 20 / 1249
    • Richard on 31 Dec 2020
  3. Awakenings (mixcloud 22/12/2020) Last Show Of 2020 :-)
    Soul Media by Mal C on Tue 22 Dec 2020
    • 1 / 152
    • Mal C on 22 Dec 2020
  4. Guy & Tony Rare Soulcial - Season 1 Finale!
    Soul Media by Tony Smith on Tue 16 Jun 2020
    • 1 / 334
    • Tony Smith on 16 Jun 2020
  5. Detroit Spinners : Love Is In Season (another Version)
    All About The Soul by ik001 on Tue 26 Apr 2016
    • 4 / 1495
    • NCFC on 30 Apr 2016