Night Running - Walking

Posted

just something different about night running

find myself doing more right now

anyone doing such in these current times ?

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 8
  • Views 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that my broken ankle has healed I’ve started walking again. This time, I’ve invested in a pedometer so I can track my progress. As I’m working from home, 9-5, I get out for an hours walk alon

Try to go a walk every night just round the streets about an hour and half , I prefer it at night not having to sidestep too many people to keep a safe distance. Saw the BBC item and thought the

Having a dog has always been a necessity for me, so night walking has been a long time habit, especially as I don't sleep well, I would frequently walk several miles in the early hours in Spain. I ten

Posted (edited)

Seen this on t.v last night...looked great when you have fab panoramic views like they were showing...I run and have for years but never in the dark (well when I was young but that wasn't for pleasure) might have to get a head light thing and try it.....thank you....Rob

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Try to go a walk every night just round the streets about an hour and half , I prefer it at night not having to sidestep too many people to keep a safe distance.

Saw the BBC item and thought the lady was brave or foolhardy I would not walk the place where she was walking at night .

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Having a dog has always been a necessity for me, so night walking has been a long time habit, especially as I don't sleep well, I would frequently walk several miles in the early hours in Spain. I tend not to do that in the UK winter, but can see Blackpool Tower in the distance, and somehow that cheers me.  I rarely see anyone else out and about.

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Now that my broken ankle has healed I’ve started walking again. This time, I’ve invested in a pedometer so I can track my progress.

As I’m working from home, 9-5, I get out for an hours walk along the canal on my lunch but it’s not reaching the 10,000 steps a day, so last week for the first time I decided to walk after work and I really enjoyed it. Being on my own I  stuck to the main roads and streets that I knew and I felt so invigorated after and I’d doubled my steps target so was chuffed with the result 

I’ve got to admit, at first, I felt a weirdo walking the streets at night but now I realise it’s a done thing I’ll be doing it more often,  before the nights get lighter and everyone is out!

Cheers for sharing Mike 👍🏼

Edited by Alison H
Spelling mistake
  • Up vote 5
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

my dog is on water tablets so pees like a good un  out at ten every night for a hour or so    love it

lawrence

• Up vote 3
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

15 hours ago, Alison H said:

I’ve got to admit, at first, I felt a weirdo walking the streets at night but now I realise it’s a done thing I’ll be doing it more often, 

Ali. Fancy you being a Lady of the night 🌙😂 Sorry love, you know me, couldn't resist 

Glad to hear you're ankle is finally better ☺🤗

Ste. XX X 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 hours ago, Winsford Soul said:

Ali. Fancy you being a Lady of the night 🌙😂 Sorry love, you know me, couldn't resist 

Glad to hear you're ankle is finally better ☺🤗

Ste. XX X 

🤣🤣 Hey Ste if any kerb crawler has a passion for me in turned up jeans, walking boots, t-shirt, walking coat and fluffy ear muffs than so be it, a girls got to earn a living 🤣 It won’t get my steps up tho ......

Cheers for the good wishes re: my ankle. You won’t know this but as well as breaking it in July, divvy me sprained it in January by slipping on black ice. Thankfully I’m over all my mishaps now and raring to go

Hope you & Lou are well? 

Ali xx

soul source url
Social source share
Posted
2 hours ago, Alison H said:

🤣🤣 Hey Ste if any kerb crawler has a passion for me in turned up jeans, walking boots, t-shirt, walking coat and fluffy ear muffs than so be it, a girls got to earn a living 🤣 It won’t get my steps up tho ......

Cheers for the good wishes re: my ankle. You won’t know this but as well as breaking it in July, divvy me sprained it in January by slipping on black ice. Thankfully I’m over all my mishaps now and raring to go

Hope you & Lou are well? 

Ali xx

Ali. There's stranger things than what your wearing have effects on people 😂. So I believe 😇🤣

You sound just like me. Sprained ankle on top of the broken one. Years ago after my mates wife broke 3 of my ribs ( remind me to tell you the story ) they was just healing when I slipped and landed one yes you have guessed it the broken ribs.  My god it hurt more than the original break.  

We both fine thanks love. Lou hasnt killed me yet 😅😂.

Hope you're keeping safe and well   looking forward to seeing you again when all this shit is over.  XX 

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Felix Harris Walking In The Night On Counterpart
    Record Wants by vince ayres on Sat 05 Jun 2010
    • 5 / 3394