Posted

BBC News - Captain Sir Tom Moore: 'Horrific' trolling hidden from Army veteran

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-56085814

Just wondered what the views are on this? After such a noble and selfless act, raising millions for the NHS...was it right for him to take a free flight for a holiday to Barbados? Risking his, his family's and other people's lives?   The irony of course being that he died of Covid.   Of course trolling is never condoned but I do understand why some people might question his actions. You wonder how many other people were infected as a result.  I do feel that he let the side down.  Or did he deserve a holiday, being 100, and raising tens of millions?  It's a tough one isn't it. 

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 3
  • Views 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Travel abroad was still allowed at that time. Precautions were undoubtedly taken, and Capt Tom tested negative on his return. I see no problem.

My parents, aged 83 and 80, haven't even been to Sainsbury's since September, let alone Barbados.  I think it was unwise, given the situation, his age, and his position as a noble role model.  But I w

Posted

A couple of thousand years ago, another guy alledgedly tried to make the world a better place.

His mate snitched on him for a few bob, and his detractors nailed him to a cross.

You just can't please some folks.

Ed

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

My parents, aged 83 and 80, haven't even been to Sainsbury's since September, let alone Barbados.  I think it was unwise, given the situation, his age, and his position as a noble role model.  But I won't nail him to a cross. We all do what we feel is right at the time. I think I'm just surprised that he would take the trip and risk the lives of the NHS staff he raised funds for, regardless of where he caught it. The more exposure to other people, the higher the chance of contracting it.  Nowhere is risk free. At the end of the day, we were still in a global pandemic, regardless of travel rules.  I don't think I'll ever understand the decision to go. If he didn't care about his own risk, why didn't he care about the risk to others, especially after his fundraising? There's so much contradiction and irony, I can't get my head round it at all.  Still it's all academic now and it doesn't detract from the incredible work he did and the legend he has become. RIP Tom. 🏅

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
    • 1 / 735
    • JensC on 03 Jul 2011
  1. Sir John "pretty Lady"/"want My Money" (sir John)
    Record Wants by TheHoneyDripper on Thu 29 Jul 2010
    • 1 / 522
    • TheHoneyDripper on 29 Jul 2010
  2. Sir Guy Armond, Sonny Moore Promo & 48 More
    Sale Websites by indiana_funk on Sat 05 Jul 2008
    • 2 / 508
    • indiana_funk on 07 Jul 2008
  3. Timiko, Sir Ted Ford, Bobby Moore, Muddy Waters Etc
    Record Sales by Windlesoul on Mon 30 Sep 2019
    • 1 / 443
    • Windlesoul on 30 Sep 2019
    • 4 / 627