New Soul Music Podcast

Guest Dodger

Seeing as I've finally got round to doing it I thought I'd give it a shout on here. I know the smoother new stuff is not to everyone's taste who reads this forum but like Mr. Bicknell, I do a weekly show every Friday night on Solar Radio, it goes out at 10pm-midnight GMT and finally after requests I've got round to sorting out a podcast for a listen again/download if anyone's either interested in or curious about newer music. The show's mainly about brand new and recent soul, gospel, smooth jazz, the occasional decent US r&b and better soulful house tracks, plus a weekly lookback, mainly to the 90s but often back into the 70s and 80s.

Raw link:

https://soulsorts.jellycast.com/podcast/feed/2

Listen in iTunes:

https://soulsorts.jellycast.com/node/2/m3u

Subscribe url in iTunes:

itpc://soulsorts.jellycast.com/podcast/feed/2

Thanks for looking and maybe even listening. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Seeing as I've finally got round to doing it I thought I'd give it a shout on here. I know the smoother new stuff is not to everyone's taste who reads this forum but like Mr. Bicknell, I do a weekly show every Friday night on Solar Radio, it goes out at 10pm-midnight GMT and finally after requests I've got round to sorting out a podcast for a listen again/download if anyone's either interested in or curious about newer music. The show's mainly about brand new and recent soul, gospel, smooth jazz, the occasional decent US r&b and better soulful house tracks, plus a weekly lookback, mainly to the 90s but often back into the 70s and 80s.

Raw link:

Listen in iTunes:

https://soulsorts.jellycast.com/node/2/m3u

Subscribe url in iTunes:

itpc://soulsorts.jellycast.com/podcast/feed/2

Thanks for looking and maybe even listening. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Roger

Highly recommended ..the best show on the radio for me totally unmissable just two hours of the finest quality music ..with something for most peoples tastes included.

Give it a listen ,you wont regret it but you may become hooked ;-)

Lin

Social source share

New show going out tonight at 10pm on Sky Digital Channel 0129 and www.solarradio.com - a bit of a mix of brand new, 90s, 70s two-step and some of that sweaty soulful garridge music put together to sound like one long record (hopefully). :thumbsup:

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

to stop you feeling lonely.....

great show last one i stuck on my ipod, impressed by the fact that it updates whenever I plug in.

Sean Escoffery version on Timmy Thomas first track ...brilliant. Kay Fox ditto.

Best Roger show I've listened to, infact Solar seems to be stepping it up a gear or two all round. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest Dodger

to stop you feeling lonely.....

great show last one i stuck on my ipod, impressed by the fact that it updates whenever I plug in.

Sean Escoffery version on Timmy Thomas first track ...brilliant. Kay Fox ditto.

Best Roger show I've listened to, infact Solar seems to be stepping it up a gear or two all round. :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking the time to comment, much appreciated and nice to know you like the tunes played, it's what it's all about. :thumbsup:

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

Guest Dodger

Really enjoyed the show this week Roger , always an education mate !! Best ,Eddie

Thanks Eddie, always appreciate your feedback. But as I said to somebody else on EMS who used that word, it's not about 'education', it's just hopefully pointing people in the direction of some of the good music currently being made.

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Dodger

Thought I'd put up a playlist on here for a chance.

SOULSORTS ON SOLAR RADIO SPONSORED BY SIMPLY SOUL MAIL ORDER - www.firstexperiencerecords.com

PLAYLIST - FRIDAY 6th April 2007

Traci Chinwah - Hear Me (In The Groove - 2007)

Tony Moore & Jehovahs Chosen - Trust And Obey (Action Figures - New Wave Disciples - 2007)

Desmond Pringle & Shirley Caesar - Just A Closer Walk With Thee (Be Still - 2006)

Benita Washington - Happy (Renaissance - 2007)

Marcas Bradley - Love Lifted Me (All Of My Days - 2007)

Nyr - Dance 4 Me (In The Groove - 2007)

James Day ft. Tim Owens & Audrey Wheeler - Love Makes (In The Groove - 2007)

Gordon Chambers - Get To Know (Love Stories - 2007)

Mikelyn Roderick - Morning Light (Copasetic Is - 2007)

Zell - Spread My Wings (Total Package - 2007)

Terrell - Work it Out (Plans - 2007)

Soul Basement - Sends Me Higher (The Awakening Of The Heart - 2007)

4hero - The Awakening (Play With The Changes - 2007)

The Auratones - Samba For Letty (Phil Martin Rmx) (Socialized Funk Beats - 2007)

High Inergy - Somebody Somewhere (Frenzy LP - 1979)

Jeannie Reynolds - Unwanted Company (7" Casablanca Records - 1975)

Kitty & The Haywoods - Mystic Stranger (Excuse Me I've Got A Life To Catch LP - 1981)

Walter Jackson - Tell Me Where It Hurts (Tell Me Where It Hurts LP - 1981)

Norman Conners ft. Glenn Jones - Sing A Love Song (Mr. C LP - 1981)

Rell - Let Me Show You (White label 12" - 2003)

Randy Watson Project ft. Bilal - Can't Hide Love (Earth Wind & Fire Interpretations - 2007)

Patrick Lamb & Patsy Meyer - Without Your Love (Don't Get No Better - 2007)

Nils Gessinger - Holiday Me (Burning - 2007)

Gordon Chambers - Stay (Love Stories - 2007)

Duawne Starling - Carried Away (Inside Out - 2004)

James Day ft. Audrey Wheeler - What's Been Goin' On (And How'd You Pull It Off) (Better Days US - 2007)

Tim Owens - Real Life (In The Groove - 2007)

Ann Nesby ft. Generations - The Power and the Glory (The Lords Prayer - 2007)

This week's podcast now uploaded.

Cheers

Roger

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!