Has anyone used iHaveit to sell?

Posted

Has anyone used iHaveit to sell? I saw it mentioned on another site. I then found I had opened an account and logged on to find I had 312 items for sale already!  Completely forgot about them. 
BUT Never had a sniff of a sale. 

Anyone used it?

soul source url
Social source share
  • Replies 5
  • Views 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks for the reply. I did read a similar thing about out of stock records. I have since deleted everything I had put on it (and forgotten about). I will avoid

Bag of shite paul 

iHaveit have aggressively targeted indie record shops, trying to get us to stop using discogs/eBay/our own websites and switch to them instead. The guy who rang me fundamentally misunderstood the

Posted

iHaveit have aggressively targeted indie record shops, trying to get us to stop using discogs/eBay/our own websites and switch to them instead.

The guy who rang me fundamentally misunderstood the mentality of record collectors, insisting that everybody just wants the cheapest copy of a record that they can find  - and that which version is for sale is irrelevant and is therefore an unimportant aspect of listing on ihaveit. Check the iHaveit eBay listings with no pics and limited description as evidence.

This is further illustrated by the fact that if an item is sold on another platform, but also ordered from iHaveit before the seller has had a chance to delete it, the seller is obliged to source another copy (any variant) rather than cancel on the basis that it’s no longer available.

The people who are running iHaveit appear to have no background or interest in the intricacies of collecting and – despite their alleged aim of somehow ending homelessness through their profits -  the whole thing struck me as being a really misguided and cynical enterprise.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Thanks for the reply. I did read a similar thing about out of stock records. I have since deleted everything I had put on it (and forgotten about). I will avoid

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

I'd haver thought the message was in the name, HAVIT!  (spoken with gruff voice) lol

Edited by Mal C
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
    • 2 / 1070
    • molystork1 on 15 Sep 2016