Beer/Lager/Drinks Bottle Tops

Posted (edited)

A bit of a long shot but if anyone has any beer/lager/drinks bottle caps you don't want, the metal ones not plastic, I can take them off your hands. I'm using them for a project or two and always on the lookout for them. They really need to be in good shape and not bent. Any local brewery ones are always good. thanks

Andy

Edited by Soulandy
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • Soulandy changed the title to Beer/Lager/Drinks Bottle Tops
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 15
  • Views 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A bit of a long shot but if anyone has any beer/lager/drinks bottle caps you don't want, the metal ones not plastic, I can take them off your hands. I'm using them for a project or two and always on t

Hi Andy,  yes we have a few,  don't know why we saved them,  probably a project that we never got around to,  will bag em and weigh them,  the Mrs is asking what are you doing with them pm me if a sec

What a great idea,  this whole bar,  tables, chairs and even floor tiles / slabs in the right environment under cover, well done Andy will pop in the workshop to get the others in the morning  , ho ye

Posted Images

Posted

I've recieved a few thanks but will gladly take any good condition ones off your hands. I will pay the postage, UK only sorry.

Thanks 🙂

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Hi Andy,  yes we have a few,  don't know why we saved them,  probably a project that we never got around to,  will bag em and weigh them,  the Mrs is asking what are you doing with them pm me if a secret lol, 

In the past I made the grand kids a type of bottle top tambourine / shaker and it does work, in the summer months when all the musical instruments come out great fun and looks OK with the feathers and string handle, bit off wire anyone can play it  !! 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
30 minutes ago, Happy Feet said:

Hi Andy,  yes we have a few,  don't know why we saved them,  probably a project that we never got around to,  will bag em and weigh them,  the Mrs is asking what are you doing with them pm me if a secret lol, 

In the past I made the grand kids a type of bottle top tambourine / shaker and it does work, in the summer months when all the musical instruments come out great fun and looks OK with the feathers and string handle, bit off wire anyone can play it  !! 

Oh nice one, that'll be great. No secret, it's for a cable reel table. Picture is the first one we did and was meant to be for the outside but it fit's nicely in a corner in the living room. The second one, a bit bigger, will be for out side. We are also thinking of other things to do. 🙂

1st able (1).jpg

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

What a great idea,  this whole bar,  tables, chairs and even floor tiles / slabs in the right environment under cover, well done Andy will pop in the workshop to get the others in the morning  , ho yeh Joolz (the Mrs) loves it too . 

A project for the summer months we are currently doing is converting nice bottles into lights, wine,  gin, coloured or motifs moulded with the battery /led lights,  safer than candles and actually produce more light, and don't burn your fingers trying to put them out lol,  

Goodnight mate let you know tomorrow, Dave 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Thanks Dave, that's great 👍 Seems like a lot of folk have taken on different projects this past year, I know of a few who have built outside bars, made bottle lights, tables and all sorts of things. One good thing to of come from lockdown

Andy

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Good morning Andy,  have just found the storage jar with the bottle tops in , well preserved,  the weight 400 grams, going into Kidderminster later will bag them up, pm me with your address mate ,

I hope there's a good variety for, not great beer drinkers until the sun comes and then we usually have a mini beer festival lol 

Dave

IMG_20210320_102013.jpg

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 hours ago, Happy Feet said:

Good morning Andy,  have just found the storage jar with the bottle tops in , well preserved,  the weight 400 grams, going into Kidderminster later will bag them up, pm me with your address mate ,

I hope there's a good variety for, not great beer drinkers until the sun comes and then we usually have a mini beer festival lol 

Dave

IMG_20210320_102013.jpg

Cool. PM sent 👍

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Good evening Andy.

regarding your beer tops.

many years ago I cleared out a wharehouse in the strangeways area of Manchester. In the stuff there was women’s handbags made out of American number plates and some unusual belts. They were made from strips of lorry inner tubes and the buckles were made from aeroplane seatbelts.                        All along the inner tube were American beer bottle tops. The belts look quite smart. I had a look in the barn today and found four or five of these belts.            When I figure out how to put up a couple of photos up I will do..                          probably have to wait for one of the kids dropping by.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, carl baxter said:

Good evening Andy.

regarding your beer tops.

many years ago I cleared out a wharehouse in the strangeways area of Manchester. In the stuff there was women’s handbags made out of American number plates and some unusual belts. They were made from strips of lorry inner tubes and the buckles were made from aeroplane seatbelts.                        All along the inner tube were American beer bottle tops. The belts look quite smart. I had a look in the barn today and found four or five of these belts.            When I figure out how to put up a couple of photos up I will do..                          probably have to wait for one of the kids dropping by.

Carl, sounds pretty cool. Be good to see them, cheers 👍

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Mate of mine bought some small strong magnets off ebay I think, glued to the beer tops made good fridge magnets. 

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted

Finally got the table finished.  A couple of mistakes and something's to think about but on the whole very pleased with it. A few bits of memorabilia in amongst the tops 👍

20210410_154038.jpg

20210410_154145.jpg

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Well done Andy, looks great!  Have you thought about getting in touch with breweries, they might have some that are surplus to requirements?

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
6 minutes ago, Tattoodave said:

Well done Andy, looks great!  Have you thought about getting in touch with breweries, they might have some that are surplus to requirements?

No mate, but when ths pubs open I'll be asking. I do have quite a few now though , thanks 👍

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Very Nostalgic and a great idea Andy,  infact you should contact the breweries and and offer to sell them or the pubs direct great advertising mate

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 hour ago, Happy Feet said:

Very Nostalgic and a great idea Andy,  infact you should contact the breweries and and offer to sell them or the pubs direct great advertising mate

Thanks mate but I don't think I could sell them. If I added up the cost of materials and things I used, it would come to over two hundred pounds and then plus time!!! It's a little project and something to do while my nephew can blag a few reels 😁  Adds colour to the garden as well 👍

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Bottle Tops Feat Little Jacky - Superb Modern Soul
    Record Sales by RUDZY on Wed 16 Sep 2015
    • 1 / 789