R.I.P. James Burke (The Five Stairsteps)

• Replies 15
  • Views 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love this. 

So sad. One of the most underrated groups that's given us some great records.   Sleep well and  Rest in soulful peace.

"Playgirl's Love" was a big Hit in Chicago hitting #6 on this survey from Sept. 1966

Posted Images

Posted

If you check out the link (above in first post) I've created a YT playlist of their complete singles A/B sides (except for one I can't find - 'Every Single Way' (1972 Buddah 45) - If anyone can provide an mp3 of it I'll upload it to YT)

- 51 tracks in total and some fine tunes amongst them especially their Windy C & Curtom  ouput!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIizZUhz7WY&list=PL7h0PdVqCrm1_yQDo_leeGCYsq7KLou5V

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
1 minute ago, Soulstrutter said:

If you check out the link (above in first post) I've created a YT playlist of their complete singles A/B sides (except for one I can't find - 'Every Single Way' (1972 Buddah 45) - If anyone can provide an mp3 of it I'll upload it to YT)

- 51 tracks in total and some fine tunes amongst them especially their Windy C & Curtom  ouput!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIizZUhz7WY&list=PL7h0PdVqCrm1_yQDo_leeGCYsq7KLou5V

2 minutes ago, Soulstrutter said:

W

2 minutes ago, Soulstrutter said:

Wow thank you 👍Appreciated

soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Fantastic group. Memories by the score from day one, in my prime soul journey... RIP + a change of pace...

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Sad news indeed. I think James wrote the music and Clarence Jr wrote the lyrics for their “Pasado” Stairsteps favourite . What a talented family!.
RIP James .Condolences to Keni and the Burke family.

soul source url
Social source share
Posted

Sorry to hear this.  Sad loss indeed. 

All there Windy C records are great. 

Also still like  "Stay Close To Me" and some of there other Buddah records.

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Halogen said:

Sorry to hear this.  Sad loss indeed. 

All there Windy C records are great. 

Also still like  "Stay Close To Me" and some of there other Buddah records.

The bizarre meets the mighty... Although I always had my wearies about the pop/prog/intelectual Kama Sutra approach in productions this one stayed in the collection. :)

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. News: Clarence Burke Jr Rip
    All About The Soul by the yank on Sun 26 May 2013