News: New Kent Cd - Northern Soul's Classiest Rarities Volume 7 - Out Now

Mike

Arrived today. Fine selection as always. I always love the informative booklets, and was struck by the opening sentence "Lockdown has brought soul music benefits." Obviously I knew this was a 2021 issue, right in the midst of our 3rd lockdown, but it stood out as something that really sets the moment of this release.

Tantalising note in the write up of the Brothers of Soul track ('I need your love') that there will be another unreleased recording of theirs on 'This is Lowrider Soul Vol 2' ; 'Can't nobody'.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 26/02/2021 at 22:41, Seano said:

Arrived today. Fine selection as always. I always love the informative booklets, and was struck by the opening sentence "Lockdown has brought soul music benefits." Obviously I knew this was a 2021 issue, right in the midst of our 3rd lockdown, but it stood out as something that really sets the moment of this release.

Tantalising note in the write up of the Brothers of Soul track ('I need your love') that there will be another unreleased recording of theirs on 'This is Lowrider Soul Vol 2' ; 'Can't nobody'.

thanks for sharing ya take Sean

Been a bit slack on such here recently

anyone else bought and up for sharing their take?

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Ordered my copy this morning- looking forward to its arrival. KENT/ACE always deliver on quality when it comes to the original material and sound quality. The accompanying booklet is a major bonus- always painstakingly researched and jam packed with scans, photos and info about the artists and the history of each track. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 28/02/2021 at 14:06, Mike said:

thanks for sharing ya take Sean

Been a bit slack on such here recently

anyone else bought and up for sharing their take?

Can't stop playing it, an excellent CD.

Carolyn Crawford - such a wonderful track

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 1 month later...

Brilliant cd. Superb sound quality. Love most tracks particularly Little Nicky and Kim Weston both new to me. Unbelievable for me to hear new material after all these years and hundreds of cds. It’s a shame that cds are on the decline just when the sound quality has got so good. Now I’ve finally got some decent speakers I can hear the difference between good and poor sound mastering. I wish we could have some reissues of all those classic Kent LPs. Perhaps even some Ernest Mosely, George Blackwell and Mel Britt. I live in hope!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!