Events. ( nighters ) Clashes

Just looking at the events guide as things start to hopefully open up and something like normality returns.  It certainly has returned as normal on here with two nighters already clashing.  So after 15 months of nothing,  nighter  promoters haven't managed to sort anything out and it's as it was 

Thoughts please

Ste

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

My thought is this.....after what we've been through this last year, tens of thousands dead, children and young people losing out on education, the absolute terror in our hospitals, people not being able to see their loved ones or share Christmas with family, the horror of the uncertainty of the future, the prospect of what might be ahead...  Normal will do nicely thank you very much....

Social source share

26 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

My thought is this.....after what we've been through this last year, tens of thousands dead, children and young people losing out on education, the absolute terror in our hospitals, people not being able to see their loved ones or share Christmas with family, the horror of the uncertainty of the future, the prospect of what might be ahead...  Normal will do nicely thank you very much....

A very good point ...

Let`s hope that whilst everyone is keen to get going again, there are only so many customers to go around so not too many of the same type of events on the same date please i.e. Oldies not clashing with oldies nights ..same night as rare or modern would be fine... but please be sensible, something for everyone and all catered for.

Social source share

"Oh no....no soul events, the music is my life! I just want to go and dance, and I can't. I may never be able to again!? 😭😭😭 Wahhh wahhhh! My life is over!".

" The crisis is over and we can have our soul nights back, but....oh no, NO!!!!??....Now there are two on the same night?   😭😭😭😭 Wahhh wahhhh! Whatever will I do! I can't be in two places at once?  I want all these promoters to arrange things around MEEEEE!  MEEEEE!! My life is over!".

😡 That's my face.  Soulies are notorious moaners but this thread absolutely takes the biscuit!  Some people will never know when they're well off.  

Social source share

36 minutes ago, Petesi said:

A very good point ...

Let`s hope that whilst everyone is keen to get going again, there are only so many customers to go around so not too many of the same type of events on the same date please i.e. Oldies not clashing with oldies nights ..same night as rare or modern would be fine... but please be sensible, something for everyone and all catered for.

I'm not bothered about soul nights because it's impossible to not clash with events even in the same town or city . I don't  normally bother with them anyway unless it's before a nighter so I will call in on the way. But to have nighters on the same night sometimes less than 100 miles apart is ridiculous and means that both promoters loose and I know from personal experience how much they can  cost to run and even as few as twenty people goiing the other venue can mean the difference between breaking even or losing money.  

16 minutes ago, Flamingemeralds said:

"Oh no....no soul events, the music is my life! I just want to go and dance, and I can't. I may never be able to again!? 😭😭😭 Wahhh wahhhh! My life is over!".

" The crisis is over and we can have our soul nights back, but....oh no, NO!!!!??....Now there are two on the same night?   😭😭😭😭 Wahhh wahhhh! Whatever will I do! I can't be in two places at once?  I want all these promoters to arrange things around MEEEEE!  MEEEEE!! My life is over!".

😡 That's my face.  Soulies are notorious moaners but this thread absolutely takes the biscuit!  Some people will never know when they're well off.  

Where did I mention soul nights. Read the original post it said nighters clashing before you start ranting about this thread  taking the biscuit. 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

The principle is the same.  Be thankful for what you've got.  I can't believe after the absolute nightmare of the last 12 months people are moaning about date clashes.  It's absolutely unbelievable.

Social source share

Oh but never mind, I just read on the news that the more deadly Brazil strain is now in the country, so this might all be academic.  You won't have to make any decisions about which one to go to, because we'll all be in lockdown again! Hurrah!!! 

Social source share

Just now, Winsford Soul said:

Soulies have died from different things over the last 40 odd year I know of.Many really good friends.  What is the difference and what has that got to do with anything 

Can you not just be grateful that it looks as though we'll have a soul scene to go back to instead of whining about two nighters being on the same night?  I'd have thought you, of all people, would be celebrating right now instead of donning a Victor Meldrew hat! 

Social source share

1 minute ago, Flamingemeralds said:

Can you not just be grateful that it looks as though we'll have a soul scene to go back to instead of whining about two nighters being on the same night?  I'd have thought you, of all people, would be celebrating right now instead of donning a Victor Meldrew hat! 

Louise.  I'm  more than grateful for everything opening up again and like you I can't wait to be getting back to the clubs , listening to this  music we love  and seeing people we love and have really missed so much , but I thought,  obviously wrongly that with all the problems covid has caused that common sense could have prevailed regarding opening up but hey what do I know. . 

Victor Meldew  hat in the bin.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

It'll put some people off from going to either Steve, as they will presume either will be low on numbers.

......"But the music was good"......Sorry, who cares? We want atmos to boot! :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

come on, When did any promotors work together. It never happened and It never will. Too full of their own importance not willing to talk to rival promotors. But I suppose its a human thing. When two allnighters are in close proximity then the soulies have a choice which nighter to go to and  usually splits the numbers and doesnt do any venue any good.

Edited by Mr Fred
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Just now, Mr Fred said:

come on, When did any promotors work together. It never happened and It never will. Too full of their own importance not willing to talk to a rival promotors. But I suppose its a human thing. When two allnighters are in close proximity then the soulies have a choice which nighter to go toand  usually splits the numbers and doesnt do any venue any good.

Three Voices in the mid 80s.

More recently there was 6 allnighter promoters who worked together to ensure no clashes, we even had a joint flyer. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

51 minutes ago, Mr Fred said:

come on, When did any promotors work together. It never happened and It never will. Too full of their own importance not willing to talk to rival promotors. But I suppose its a human thing. When two allnighters are in close proximity then the soulies have a choice which nighter to go to and  usually splits the numbers and doesnt do any venue any good.

Promoters did work together.  The three main nighter  promoters in the North at one time was Andy Dyson.  Andy MaCabe,  and the Winsford team. And we did sit down and sort out dates between us for a few years and it worked fine.  Fred in answer to your statement you are wrong sorry.  There is no reason why It cant be done again. 

Ste

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!