The Master Plan (Modern & Crossover Soul)

Mal C

This weeks, sorry last weeks show is a bit late, oh well !     However...    Norman Connors opens the batting in this weeks show, his song 'Once I've Been There’ has been there so long its second nature for all Soul Fans. Merry Clayton gives use her rousing rendition of ‘Emotion’ also done by Webster Lewis & another singer I can recall. Leon Ware, Ronnie McNair & Chuck Jackson all STONE classics, Darrow Fletcher does his version of ‘No Limits’ also sang by Jean Terrell on A&M. Mark Williams is the lesser known version of 'A House For Sale’ he was from New Zealand & also does a great version of HDH “Why Can’t We be Lovers’ on his EMI Lp ‘Taking it all in Stride’. 

Paul Walters is a very rare crossover 45 on 521 records out of Brooklyn NY, 521 was a local Nightclub & the label has some interesting releases. The Drivers is a semi know 45 that comes up, great vocals from Chuck Freeman wonder what else he did? Cornell Gunter was on Tim Brown's list last week @ £400, from what I can see it did not sell, but hey it's a great floaty Modern swayer. I included Tim Murray because of the soon to be released version by Melvin Davis via Diggin' Deep, WOW!   Bill Brown & the Soul Injection is one of two favourite unreleased at the time tracks from Disco Edits, far superior to that 'Soul Injection' 45 on Accent.  The Ascots track is from their Crazy Cajon LP ‘Colour me Soul’ an Essential Lp! Finishing with Vee Allen on Lion Records, class slowie.

Next Time 🙂

Mel.B

** Track Listing**
Norman Connors - Once I've Been There
Barbara Jean English - I'm Living A Lie
Merry Clayton - Emotion
Ralph Graham - Ain't no Need
Leon Ware - Instant Love
Ronnie McNeir - I'm So Thankful
Chuck Jackson - I've Got The Need
Darrow Fletcher - No Limit
Mark Williams - A House For Sale