JMAuction - 03/03/2021 - Results!

23 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Old swede ... but you wouldn't necessarily have expected the Tangeers to be on this level, would you? :shades:

Tangeers WOW!!! I thought they go for about £650😂 I'm a bit out of date but fair play if your willing to pay that much....bloody good though!! Thank you for posting...great job you do....Rob

• Thanks 1
Social source share

18 minutes ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Tangeers WOW!!! I thought they go for about £650😂 I'm a bit out of date but fair play if your willing to pay that much....bloody good though!! Thank you for posting...great job you do....Rob

Thank you for sharing and posting as always 😊

Rob. Your not out of date mate. The buyer of the tangeers is our of there tree,  almost double what its worth.  It peaked about £750 a few years ago and was falling in price again. Crazy 

PS Chuck Cockerham. Is possibly the best record that will be auctioned this year. I wish I had the spare cash to have bought it.  Love it 

Edited by Winsford Soul
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

11 minutes ago, Rick Cooper said:

No comment on the price but this review of Chuck Cockerham from Blues and Soul is quite interesting. In 1968/9 they had started reviewing some new US releases on Amy/Mala/Bell. I think this was because EMI had set up the UK Bell label instead of issuing the label's output on Stateside. They had issued quite a few singles as well as the two volumes of Bell's Cellar Full of Soul LPs so were trying to push Bell as a distinct sound. Even though B&S reviewed the records I don't think they were available outside London, or more specifically the Soul City shop. 

As a teenager then, I think I would have had a similar opinion of Chuck C as the reviewer. The record was way ahead of it's time but is now rightly recognised. The record is the last review on the right side.

1926340169_chuckc.thumb.jpg.24d31de0252ab819a1c277bca08a1e53.jpg

I think due to how hard Chuck Cockerham is to obtain,everybody had the same thoughts on it at the time this was reviewed. I was led to believe that Tim Brown had a copy and thought he was white,so sold it on. 

Social source share

16 hours ago, Zanetti said:

Old swede ... but you wouldn't necessarily have expected the Tangeers to be on this level, would you? :shades:

Bought my mint issue from the Soul Bowl for £10. In those days it was always sold for "What's The Use In Me Trying".

Both sides are lyrically a bit depressing.  One side is about giving up on life and the other is about being free from this life.

I have never known what all the fuss was about with "Let My Heart and Soul be Free".

It's ok, but that's all!

Edited by Halogen
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

8 minutes ago, Len said:

I respectfully beg to differ - "Let My Heart and Soul be Free" is just beautiful (100 Club memories for me)

I heard that Robbo (legend) was the person who told Shifty to turn it over to start playing it.

Len :thumbsup:

P.s - I like depressing records and (as Nina the Mrs states) ones that are monotonous and go nowhere :D

Ady was the one who flipped it as far as I am aware, that was in the 80s before Shifty got his stint there.  I also cleared the floor at the Tracky Club and all over Yorkshire/Derbyshire with it about the same time, everyone still wanted the fast side.

£1200 though is just barmy for something that in essence isn’t even rare, it is up for sale on a pretty regular basis. 

Chuck Cockerham has always been tough but never really achieved it’s worth when sold.  Think the mainstream are finally latching on to it. 

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, Chalky said:

Ady was the one who flipped it as far as I am aware, that was in the 80s before Shifty got his stint there.  I also cleared the floor at the Tracky Club and all over Yorkshire/Derbyshire with it about the same time, everyone still wanted the fast side.

£1200 though is just barmy for something that in essence isn’t even rare, it is up for sale on a pretty regular basis. 

Chuck Cockerham has always been tough but never really achieved it’s worth when sold.  Think the mainstream are finally latching on to it. 

Sorry Chalky not me, I actually don’t like that side that much 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 04/03/2021 at 11:37, Winsford Soul said:

Very true mate. Missed that one.  Has it ever reached £100 in the real world 

Yes Steve. Several times. I’ve been waiting to pounce. One of my earliest favourites, right out of my price range in 1974. I have two variants but there’s always room for another one...

• Thanks 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Yes Steve. Several times. I’ve been waiting to pounce. One of my earliest favourites, right out of my price range in 1974. I have two variants but there’s always room for another one...

I love it to mate. But didn't think it had reached the £100 .Was a privilege to see them singing it at Prestatyn a few years ago , More than a privilege really.  It was very special 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!