I Searched for Soul (book) - by Richard Gilbert

Windlesoul

I Searched for Soul and Found the Stars - a book by Richard Gilbert.

***£24.95 via link below***

Richard "Gilly" Gilbert was one of the first of a handful of serious fans and collectors from the UK northern soul scene to travel to Detroit in search of 1960s soul vinyl and the discover the artists associated with them. In this book, the author presents a collection of stories about his US trips and, importantly, the relationships and long-term friendships he formed with the recording stars and music industry leaders like Popcorn Wylie, Dave Hamilton, the family of Ollie McLaughlin, and others. In Gilly's words: "Few people in life can get to meet their heroes and spend quality time with those people who, through their music, helped form our lives." Illustrated with colour photos of the artists, producers, the studios, label scans and historical memorabilia, this book will be pure enlightenment for anyone who assumed northern soul was finished with in the 1980s. Furthermore, it demonstrates how a youth subculture truly connected with its idols, and contributed in its own way to the preservation of wider soul music history (hardback, gloss colour illustrations, 147 pages). Order via link below, at A Nickel And Nail:

https://a-nickel-and-a-nail.myshopify.com/collections/books/products/i-searched-for-soul-and-found-the-stars-richard-gilbert

IMG_5693_1024x1024 (1).jpg

• Up vote 3
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 0
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic