Andy Simpson R.I.P.

So sad to hear yesterday on the facebook grapevine that Andy Simpson has passed away - his was one of the names I remember from the crazy, madcap years of my misspent youth as a young Mod in1960s Bradford. I've not seen him for many years, as I lost touch with all my old soul mates when I left the scene & got married in 1970. It's always hard to lose a mate even if you haven't seen them for a long time -  we all seem to have had to say our final goodbyes to so many of our friends during the last year haven't we?

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Sad news, Andy was knowledgeable and well respected by all who knew him. His ‘tips’ for records to look out for were always good, not just for rare/northern, he put me onto Gil Scott-Heron’s ‘Pieces Of A Man ‘ album on UK Phillips when it was available as a new release.  A ‘face’ at The Highland Room and part of  Ian Levine’s ‘inner circle’ at the time. If you saw him dance, you would have remembered it, those ‘spins’ with hands on hips, gave Frank Booper a run for his money!

I last bumped into him at a Blackpool Tower event  a few years ago, Ian Levine was behind the decks, he spotted Andy and exclaimed. ‘ hey, Andy Simpson’s here, one of the best dancers from The Highland Room ‘ - what an accolade, say no more.

Rest in peace Andy.

Tim.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!