Duncan Pollet passed

It's also on martialartsplanet.com

Quote from the Richard Rae on the site.

I noticed a few folk mentioning Duncan and apologies if this has already been discussed but wanted to post this on here for those who knew him.

Duncan died of Covid in Limasol Cyprus. as per the attached.

RIP Duncan a true gent and a great fighter.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Remember him from Stafford in particular due to his distinctive dancing style. If you google: Central Cannock 1991 Soul Night and go about 30 minutes in, you can see Duncan in a white top dancing to Johnny Rogers-Make a Change. He clearly had good taste. Difficult to grasp how somebody so fit and athletic (He was a martial arts practitioner and instructor) could be taken so young; he was only 56.

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Sad to hear this, quite unbelievable really.

While I didn't know him personally I  so much enjoyed those Friday Soul nights at The Bear (Newcastle Under Lyme) , in the late 80's, when he ,along with Mr J Beggs,  introduced me to so many great tunes - all killers, no fillers!

I guess it's time to forgive him charging me 50p to get in at 10:30 (we were late after a wedding do) when it closed at 11 ish.

"It'll never be over for me" , "Just say Goodbye", "I'm Gone", "Crook His Little Finger", "What Good Am I"

All essential.

Edited by Mick Sway
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...

i’ve just read this - signed up to check if this is the right guy? 

The duncan pollen i knew - and dearly hope is not the one fore-mentioned spent a few years in glasgow in the late 90’s, which is where our paths crossed.

if this is the same duncan, then i am devastated.  

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!