Belgian scammer Salamone

Wow, that's a name I sure remember. Salamone that is, not Chris! (even though I know Chris personally)

Got stung in the early 2k's. Sometime between 2002 and 2005. 250 Euros by bank transfer. Tried to cancel the transfer about 30 minutes later when I received an email from a belgian collector telling me all the details about Mr Salamone. No luck. Money gone. Spoke to my bank, they told me it's a transfer, money gone. Went to the police, they said small amount we don't bother.

Lesson learned: Unless seller is trustworthy, Paypal only.

Social source share

Not Bragging but i was lucky

He done me for roughly £800

he sent 4 pop records to me and took advantage of Paypals dodgy rules at the time

Goods received

and Paypals 30 day limit and must wait 30 days for a credit card claim

I contacted my credit card and got them to start a claim early. Lucky

Paypal got a clawback for my money in full

Paypal then contacted me and i pointed out the fraud and there automated lock out due to goods received

Paypal then changed their automated system to Goods significantly not as described

eg i bought a rolls royce received a skate board

Salamone then messaged me saying i should just drop the claim and i should check i had adequate Fire Insurance

My reply

His address

and that he should check his Health Insurance as i was working in District 7 in a few months

He went away

I guess the womans Paypal account he used for Payments got clawed back on

He is around now and i guess playing the i didnt get the records etc ect scam in reverse

Edited by CheltSoulNights
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

• 7 months later...
1 minute ago, Benji said:

Iif account is closed how come he logged in 50 minutes ago?

closed accounts do still have access to our site via the login but have no permissions to see/use any features

they  will get deleted on one of our regular account clean ups sweeps

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Generally speaking most Belgian dealers are pretty honest but about 20 years ago some dodgy characters started selling fresh air on Ebay and a lot of British buyers lost money. What I do is actually go to the seller's house and look at any record before buying,that's of course tough if you don't live here. 

Social source share

• 3 months later...
On 21/11/2021 at 10:15, Chris L said:

Generally speaking most Belgian dealers are pretty honest but about 20 years ago some dodgy characters started selling fresh air on Ebay and a lot of British buyers lost money. What I do is actually go to the seller's house and look at any record before buying,that's of course tough if you don't live here. 

I was looking for a particular guitar amp recently. I found one for sale but it was for collection only.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!