Shoulder Bag

3 hours ago, Dave West said:

Anyone got a record shoulder bag. The ones that carry 45’s (aprox 150) . Seen a few for sale but are they any good and do they offer enough protection? 

The way all these dogs are being stolen for ££££'s and the price of records going up and up DJ's are going to need security guards, as well as bags before long

Social source share

21 minutes ago, Richard said:

Good price that!

2 hours ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

Same here. My only complaint is that the one I've got doesn't have any pockets, which would have been useful.

Mine has lots of extra storage for record centres  stylus cleaner  spare carts etc

Social source share

4 hours ago, Dave West said:

Anyone got a record shoulder bag. The ones that carry 45’s (aprox 150) . Seen a few for sale but are they any good and do they offer enough protection? 

Get the Magma bag. Sturdy, up to 150 45. You can file them either up to 150 45's in a row or in two rows up to 75 45's each row. If i was still dj'ing this would be my #1 carrier bag.

Social source share

Magma or Tucker & Bloom both have their Pro’s and Con’s -

magma is physically taller and a nightmare for cabin baggage, T&B can fit under a seat but not as sturdy 

magma hold less than the T&B

T&B has extra storage for cartridges, headphones or change of changes for an overnight 

Social source share

41 minutes ago, Girdwoodinc said:

magma is physically taller and a nightmare for cabin baggage, T&B can fit under a seat but not as sturdy 

The Magma bag I have is – or was – specifically designed to fit into overhead lockers on planes. I guess that's why that particular design did away with external pockets. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

7 minutes ago, Amsterdam Russ said:

The Magma bag I have is – or was – specifically designed to fit into overhead lockers on planes. I guess that's why that particular design did away with external pockets. 

Think from memory we’ve got the same Magma Russ - personally wouldn’t use for overhead storage the way folks just move others bags about and try and flatten things dow to get their jackets in 

Social source share

2 hours ago, Girdwoodinc said:

Think from memory we’ve got the same Magma Russ - personally wouldn’t use for overhead storage the way folks just move others bags about and try and flatten things dow to get their jackets in 

Mine was a gift on the occasion of my 50th birthday. Situations with hand luggage were different then. Don't think I would try taking that on-board now. And absolutely no way would I trust it to be in the hold!! :ohmy:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Social source share

On 13/03/2021 at 20:07, Blackpoolsoul said:

If you ask Rob Smith in Nottingham he always used a carrier bag or 2 (funnest thing I ever saw) 😀

I see nothing nothing amusing in this.

Us collectors agonise over Waitrose or Sainsbury's bags. I believe Ady Croasdell recommends Harrods but then he always had delusions of grandeur.

I use an old make-up box off the wife. It has a mirror in the lid so I can tart myself up inbetween sets.

Edited by Modernsoulsucks
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

24 minutes ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

I see nothing nothing amusing in this.

Us collectors agonise over Waitrose or Sainsbury's bags. I believe Ady Croasdell recommends Harrods but then he always had delusions of grandeur.

I use an old make-up box off the wife. It has a mirror in the lid so I can tart myself up inbetween sets.

Clearly this one will pay the most for advertising

Social source share

1 hour ago, Girdwoodinc said:

Ah must be a new version, totally different to mine, I’ve got a double zip and can add a padlock to it 

It has a loop on back and feet on bottom and I reckon I can put a strap around it and through handles and lock the strap. Then to get into it you have to unlock the strap, then unVelcro handles, then unVelcro large flap, then unVelcro the two half flaps... ha ha 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!