News: MD Records - Two Upcoming 45 Releases - Video Interview

• Replies 10
  • Views 862
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well done to Des, Mark & Jordan for making these great rare classics to a wider audience. Can't wait to get my hands on my copies.

superb .. buy it .. support the guys and the artists Andy

The Royston Vasey Male Voice Choir Chalky - great c/u name and typical of Shiftys humour 🤣

Posted

Well done to Des, Mark & Jordan for making these great rare classics to a wider audience. Can't wait to get my hands on my copies.

• Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

These landed on the door mat this morning. The Pic sleeves are a great upgrade on the MD offering; full of great information. It would be great to see the same across the MD range. 

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted

It was Shifty I heard first play this at 100 Club in the 90's. He moved his (battered copy) on to Mich H as part of a larger deal. I had a CD of it that we had recorded at a friends house at a pre 100 Club session where Shifty had it covered and played it for us.

Mick wasn't playing it out, I always requested it, but it never got played unfortunately. I also regularly offered to buy it.

Years later (around 2006/7) I cut an acetate from the CD and used to play it out regularly at DDA, Soul or Nothing, Rugby and other venues. I had no idea who it was by and played it as Deep South by Deep South. It's on my Mixcloud from back then. Just as Shifty had done, I played it at a considerable minus speed.

When Dave Thorley turned up a 'real' one quite a while ago and told me who it was by, I stopped playing mine out (still have it)

Brilliant detective work getting this out on a release where the artist get paid. Well done to all.

• Thanks 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted
3 hours ago, Paul-s said:

It was Shifty I heard first play this at 100 Club in the 90's. He moved his (battered copy) on to Mich H as part of a larger deal. I had a CD of it that we had recorded at a friends house at a pre 100 Club session where Shifty had it covered and played it for us.

Mick wasn't playing it out, I always requested it, but it never got played unfortunately. I also regularly offered to buy it.

Years later (around 2006/7) I cut an acetate from the CD and used to play it out regularly at DDA, Soul or Nothing, Rugby and other venues. I had no idea who it was by and played it as Deep South by Deep South. It's on my Mixcloud from back then. Just as Shifty had done, I played it at a considerable minus speed.

When Dave Thorley turned up a 'real' one quite a while ago and told me who it was by, I stopped playing mine out (still have it)

Brilliant detective work getting this out on a release where the artist get paid. Well done to all.

Shifty had it covered as Royston Vasey....after League of Gentlemen or Chubby Brown?

• Up vote 1
soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Chalky said:

Shifty had it covered as Royston Vasey....after League of Gentlemen or Chubby Brown?

The Royston Vasey Male Voice Choir Chalky - great c/u name and typical of Shiftys humour 🤣

Edited by Eddiefoster
  • Up vote 2
soul source url
Social source share
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
9 hours ago, John Laughter said:

Thanks much from John Laughter and The Third Generation! We appreciate you 🎷!

Hi John

It would be interesting for the members to know more about your work and inspiration.

soul source url
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Log back in to Soul Source now!
  1. Upcoming Hayley Records Releases 2019.20
    Look At Your Box by Rob Moss on Wed 23 Oct 2019
    • 8 / 1830